IGNORED

End to a stressfull week of job hunting.

rickardracing

Well, as some of you may know, I lost my job on Monday. Layed off. We had to cancel our trip to Key West. We were supposed to leave Saturday Morning. Well, I have had 2 interviews for 2 differant companies so far this week and another one still to go. I got a pretty doggone good offer at a mold shop for a designers position today and I took them up on it. I am going to see what the third one offers. But I start on July 1st. Seems like it's going to be steady hours too. None of this not knowing what time I am working to. So hopefully this will be the place I retire from in 17 years. Doubt it, but hopefully.

Good luck in your new job. It' refreshing to see someone actually wanting to work.

Hopefully, they treat you better than they did at your old job. Good employees deserve comperable pay.

Everyone should take a lesson from CostCo...

I hope I'm wrong, but, I think a major market adjustment/**** storm is coming....

Thank you all for the kind words. Makes a guy feel good. Jay, yes it is closer to home...........about a mile and a half closer!! DOH!! Still have the I-696 ride. I did an interview at M-59 and Crooks yesterday. Pretty cool job, ride would have been just as far but alot less traffic, but I think the one I took is a better deal.........I hope!

Thank you all for the kind words. Makes a guy feel good. Jay, yes it is closer to home...........about a mile and a half closer!! DOH!! Still have the I-696 ride. I did an interview at M-59 and Crooks yesterday. Pretty cool job, ride would have been just as far but alot less traffic, but I think the one I took is a better deal.........I hope!

Glad to hear you got a job and best of luck to you. I was laid off in Nov 2011 and still out of work, but I decided to retire and move to AZ and look for some part time to go with my SS. In the mean time I'll just collect my unemployment and SS till I find something. Funny thing is company tried to tell unemployment after 20 weeks of collecting that I quit. Well guess what my doc's proved them wrong and unemployment found in my favor. Goes to show keeping records is worthy.

Joe

Glad to hear you got a job and best of luck to you. I was laid off in Nov 2011 and still out of work, but I decided to retire and move to AZ and look for some part time to go with my SS. In the mean time I'll just collect my unemployment and SS till I find something. Funny thing is company tried to tell unemployment after 20 weeks of collecting that I quit. Well guess what my doc's proved them wrong and unemployment found in my favor. Goes to show keeping records is worthy.

Joe

Documentation from a trucker :whistling: :think: you guy's are professionals at creative book/record keeping. :rotfl::rotfl:

Any MAN who is layed off on Monday then is looking for a job on Tuesday - Friday of the same week WILL find a job! You are resilient and dedicated, my HAT is off too you Sir. As a man of the military myself for 30+ years of doing what others tell me 24x7 it helps me to keep serving for MEN such as yourself. KEEP DIGGIN Brother! :080402gudl_prv:

Any MAN who is layed off on Monday then is looking for a job on Tuesday - Friday of the same week WILL find a job! You are resilient and dedicated, my HAT is off too you Sir. As a man of the military myself for 30+ years of doing what others tell me 24x7 it helps me to keep serving for MEN such as yourself. KEEP DIGGIN Brother! :080402gudl_prv:

Took a pretty good job offer late yesterday. Feels good to be wanted.

If you know anyone else looking that lives in Holland Mi, send me an email.

I know a supplier we have up there that is looking for about 14-16 employees right now.

All I ask is only send me someone you would recommend..:innocent:

Eck

well thats the requirement for entering the chicken coupes you have to be creative with your record/book keeping cause those chickens dont know what they are looking at anyway to them its just a bunch of lines being drawn in a book :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf: 14 yr OTR driver and loved it :rotf: