IGNORED

training question

Big Lou

in the woods here all the towns have angled parking alongside the roads ,,

in town especially

most if not all face downhill,,FOR CURBS AND WATER FLOW, the angle of the spaces ,,I really aint sure I could back into one ,, so far traffic hasnt allowed me to try,, i am 270 lbs, and can still climb hills if I need to ,,or work all day throwing a hay bale

how many here park backwards ,,or walk 3 blocks for parking..... or is backing up a hill preferable ,, , i think i could do it , but if I couldnt I aint sure it will climb the curb.. the ground clearance may be an issue ,,

dont want to look bad on MY PRECIOUS

I've developed a method for that. Not always popular with cagers but I try to avoid getting in anybodies way when doing it. Works great when I'm dragging the trailer.

I watch for a parking spot on the other side of the street ahead of me. When I get a decent gap in oncoming traffic I swing across the other lane along the backs of the parked car until I can swing back out so I'm straight inline with the spot and blocking the lane (for short period of time). Then I only have a few feet to back straight up into the spot and keep my nose close to the lane so others can see the bike before that try to turn into the spot.

With the trailer on it's not all that hard to back straight in that way. A lot easier to let it roll backwards on the grade getting in than trying to wiggle backwards while turning at an angle with traffic behind ya.

I try not to cut anyone off while doing it, or put mysrelf in a bad position with other traffic. I've had some local LEO's watch me do this and haven't had any problem with that... yet. Legal..... probably not. But it's quick and slick to pull off.

It never occured to me that it may fall off the kickstand ,,

couple of honda's , victory; gsxr .. i have allways parked it in gear,, allways ,,just a habit,,

this is my first integrated brakes and they already got me on the pinestraw.. at the same time it definetly stopps better than any thing i can remember

I WILL GO AND TRY PARKING BACKWARDS LATER WHEN THERE AINT SO MUCH TRAFFIC..

at the courthouse in talladega there is a big antique store and the parking is difficult .//

MAYBE NOT SO MUCH NOW

TOMORROW I WILL TRY A PIC.....

TO SHOW ... JUST DONT WANT ANYBODY LAUGHING ,,THIS IS SMALL TOWN...

THANK YOU

MY PARTNER SAID " THAT IS A BIG BIKE ,,BIG BIG BIKE"""

RATHER LIKE THE"" BIG BIG"" I AM 270 AT 6'1" OR 2 DEPENDING ON WHO I AM FACING

HE AINT HELPED ME PICK IT UP THOUGH