IGNORED

F4 windshield performance

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was leaning toward the F4 Customs but choose the Baggershield, however, there website insists they have a special coating that repels rain. I was concerned about low speed mist type rain myself. Someone that has one installed will surely post to your question from experience though I'm sure.

The water did bead off from the get-go after I installed, so yes, that part works pretty well. I just have old habits, so I still do what I do.

The best thing with the F4, is the scratch resistance. You clean it with Windex & paper towels. You can also use Rainx or Fogx on it without hurting it, unlike most others.

They also have EXCELLENT customer service.

I love my F4 on my Venture,,, but I do not see any mystical water propelling properties.

When it rains, the windshield gets wet. At speed, it is still wet. Had the F4 over a year.

I have a Clearview on my RSTD. It gets wet too.

Oh, and they both fog in fog.

I do not see a "clear" advantage for how either handles water. Neither sheets water while riding in the rain, or through fog.

I did buy the F4 cleaner at time of sale. It cleans and also is good on salads.

(kidding, but it does have a vinegar smell.)

I may try Rain-x. I use Rain-x premix (orange) in my car wiper bag and it is GREAT.

But have not tried it on the F4.

I do think my F4 sheds the water a great deal better than the stock. Yes, it does fog some in heavy fog but I have never had any major problems.

I did do a write up about the F4 regarding alot of things. Do a search for tdunc and F4

I just bought an F4 Windshield for my MM RSV. It was not a hard decision after watching Youtube video’s from F4 and others comparing the safety of Lexan/Polycarbinate to Acrylic to know you don’t want Acrylic. F4 has a special Coating that make it "Almost scratch free" so you get the best of both worlds.

After installing it I noticed immediately that Bugs clean off so much easier than with the stock windshield. The F4 Cleaner is Alcohol based. And if you use it and NOTHING else the rain does bead up almost like Rainx. But you have to keep it clean and wax free to get that effect

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments. This is Don at F4 Customs. If you find that the F4 Shield is not shedding rain the way you like here is a tip:

Take a clean paper towel and poor some isopropyl rubbing alcohol on it and clean both sides. This will take the shield back to the "As New State" and you will be pleased.

Ride Safe!

Don

Thanks for the comments. This is Don at F4 Customs. If you find that the F4 Shield is not shedding rain the way you like here is a tip:

Take a clean paper towel and poor some isopropyl rubbing alcohol on it and clean both sides. This will take the shield back to the "As New State" and you will be pleased.

Ride Safe!

Don

Will have to try that.. around here we have 'sticky drizzle' that is a nightmare to see through a windsheild at city speeds, especially at night.. hence why I had cut mine down to see over the top.. RainX helps but only so much at those speeds..

I can attest to the stregnth of the F4 windshield as I took a large fist sized rock from an oncoming dump truck right in the middle upper part of the windshield at highway speeds.. I ducked my head down in time and with a resounding "kerwack" noise, the F4 stood it's ground without cracking or shattering.. though it did scratch.. Any other windshield would have shattered and I would have eaten the rock.. My ears rang for a while from the sound of impact but man, I was impressed how it saved me from a serious 'hurt'...

Ride Safe!

Don

Don, Hey thanks, I will give that a try.

Alcohol,,,, never thought of putting it on the windshield! Hic,,,. :whistling:

Mike G in SC

Don, Hey thanks, I will give that a try.

Alcohol,,,, never thought of putting it on the windshield! Hic,,,. :whistling:

Mike G in SC

But he did say "poor alcohol" on the windshield... means using the cheap stuff.. ? ;) or was that a typo? I dunno, but like a famous chef once said.. a cup o' wine in the dish... and one in the cook....

I have the F4 and have about 50,000 miles and 5 years on it now. It is as good

as the day I got it. The rain beads of in a fan shape and is very easy to see through

in rain. It is nice that you can use RainX on it which helps tremendously. I also apply the RainX to the inside and have never had a fogging problem.

I have 2 F4 windshields. Short and regular wide with a vent. Luv them both. Rain runs off.

Solid product, great company, customer service 2nd to none!.

Good job!

I've been thinking about getting the F4 vented windshield. Can you tell me your experience with it?

• 3 months later...

Guess I am the guinea pig #1

Mine is ordered and will be here Tuesday ! TINT XL NO VENT.. Not gunna do that anymore.

Been waiting two years for this day :-) THANKS DON! and thank Kim for mw she is great !

I have two clearviews for FREE with Vents 1 clear one tint. both XL !

You pick up !

Jeff

Had to stop the bike with my son on the back yesterday. The sun was hitting the windshield creating a haze of scratches I could not see thru!! Will also be looking at a shorter shield as the mist is also a factor at times. Please post on how you like the tinted shield. Went to the website and they are not displayed or priced. :fingers-crossed-emo

But he did say "poor alcohol" on the windshield... means using the cheap stuff.. ? ;) or was that a typo? I dunno, but like a famous chef once said.. a cup o' wine in the dish... and one in the cook....

I think he said poor some rubbing alcohol on the paper towel.

Mike

EasyRider, Nope- not on the web site yet.. Just call Kim Or Don they will take care

of you, they just got them in and they are for sale as of today. Like I said I wasn't

getting one until the tint was available. I have had both Tint and Clear in the Clearviews

and I prefer the Tint over all. I have used them for many years and would never bash them, but it is time to move to a better type shield for me now. I do ride in the dark in the early AM and I can see just fine with the tinted and it calms all the chrome glare when the shield is tinted. I also have the vents on both over the past 7 years and I see no use for one . the cleaning will be easier and I never used mine much. the hot days I did not want HOT air blowing in my face anyways. when the temps are right I got plenty of air

without the vent being open. the other problem for me it was a awesome bug collector and some times the bugs go right through them and up into the helmet :shock3:

XV1100SE, I can hold them for you if you wish. let me know.

*oops* I just noticed your in Ontario.. Umm when will you be back this way?

XV1100SE, I can hold them for you if you wish. let me know.

*oops* I just noticed your in Ontario.. Umm when will you be back this way?

What if I pay for shipping ? Can provide you with a U.S. address near Buffalo (thanks to BongoBob !) I'd be interested in the tinted.