IGNORED

When it rains it poors . Flat rear tire in Jeffersonville IN.

etcswjoe

Let's see rained all day Thursday, fuel pump and trailer lights went out Friday, laptop died Saturday and today on the way to my daughters from MD I have a flat on the rear in Jeffersonville IN at least I was able to make it to a motel staying at town place suites and using the lobby computer. Any one close to Louisville know a shop I can have it towed so I can get the tire replace? My cell is on my profile and I will check back here in an hour or so.

After Googling around a bit, Commonwealth Motorcycles and Station Park Honda are the two bike dealers located closest to you.

Unfortunately, neither of them is open tomorrow.

The local Harley dealer IS, however.....and they're the next closest, too.

Maybe you wanna give them a call in the AM.

Harley-Davidson® Louisville

1700 Arthur Street

Louisville, KY 40208

Phone: 502.634.1340

Good luck, buddy!

Mike

i talked to joe on the phone he is a stones throw from Louisville sounded like he was fine just had to pullover for the down pour and may have hit some tire gator pieces that may have punctured his tire causing a slow leak he is hoping to air it up to run 30 min to Yamaha in Louisville i gave him a number for a place in IN but i think it may be to far and Louisville may be his best bet

Tried to pump it up to see if it would hold air overnight and if it did would ride it to Yamaha of Louisville but my 9 dollar HF pump would not handle it. Have had a couple people call with suggestions and will go with those. I think I am just going to take a shower and worry about it in the morning.

Rex came by with his pump and plug kit I will post a pic of the culprit when I can get to a computer I can upload to. If it still has air in it in the morning I will just have to find someone with the tire in stock to put it on.

Yamaha of Louisville fixed me up this morning after Spider (Rex) texted me to give them a call. I had forgot how much dealers charge for service and tires bang%20head.gif but they had me back on the road in a couple of hours and were real nice about everything. I came close to trading my bike in on a 2012 Venture but thought better of it.

Thanks for all the calls, text, posts and e-mails!!!! Made a bad situation a whole lot better :thumbsup2:

Joe

I keep a motorcycle plug kit & a 12v compressor on my bike, just in case. I also keep a section of fuel hose & a few clamps, just in case my fuel pump ever goes.

Sorry you had such a rough time Joe. Hopefully, it'll be smooth from here. Was nice finally getting to meet you & your wife.

I keep a motorcycle plug kit & a 12v compressor on my bike, just in case. I also keep a section of fuel hose & a few clamps, just in case my fuel pump ever goes.

Sorry you had such a rough time Joe. Hopefully, it'll be smooth from here. Was nice finally getting to meet you & your wife.

Nice to meet yall too, wish we had moved around a little faster Sunday and rode down with yall, seems like we just missed a really bad storm yesterday in KY.

is she wearing new shoes??

New Avon Venom, what stinks is the rear tire was new.

Chief, I am very glad you are back on the road, and safe.

This is why I never leave home without my Tire Plug Gun kit, and my Cycle Pump. I am well practiced at repairing tires with a plug gun, and every one I have ever had to do, has worked well, and allowed me or someone else to get all the way home.

Personally, I do not have a problem riding on a tire that has a plug in it. Of course it all depends on where the plug was placed, and how bad the leak was. If the tire was already old, I could see replacing it soon, but if a newer tire got a hole, and I plougged it, I would ride it...

Just sayin'...

Buy a plug gun kit...practice plugging old tires from your last tire change, or...go poke holes in the neighbors car tire, and then practice plugging it.

That is what Barry would do !:shock3:

:backinmyday:

Nice to meet yall too, wish we had moved around a little faster Sunday and rode down with yall, seems like we just missed a really bad storm yesterday in KY.

New Avon Venom, what stinks is the rear tire was new.

As Miles says.........don't toss it! Plug it......and ride it. (But if you won't....there's hundreds who WILL! Hello, Ebay?)

Glad all's well that ends well.

Cheers,

Michael

next time you break down in my neck of the woods -- Give me a call I have a parts bike in the shop with 2 good tires and a trailer that can haul anything I can can't fix on the side of the road -- This goes for all - not just Joe

Mike

JACKS OF ALL

Elwood IN:mytruck1: