IGNORED

HEATED....Muth Mirrors

Miles

How many of you are familiar with Muth Mirrors...for motorcycles ?

http://www.muthco.com/products/vehicles/?make=Honda+Motorcycle&model=Goldwing&submit=Search

I have known about them and seen them on other peoples bikes for 10+ years. I have not had a need for a new set of mirrors myself, despite liking the turnsignal indicators inside the Muth Mirrors.

Well, (pictures WILL follow) I will be receiving here very shortly...the very first set of HEATED mirrors from Muth.

On my recent ride from Seattle area out to Tennessee, I experienced all kinds of weather, and got tired of fighting the rain covering my mirrors. Given that I prefer to ride in the cold weather, and dislike riding in the heat...I decided to contact Denise at Muth, and we worked up a deal to have them install their heated mirror units onto the backside of their mirrors they sell for the F6B. The F6B mirrors are upside-down compared to the Goldwings mirrors, so they had to make a new mirror for the new F6B. Once they got that part done, that is when I decided...Heated mirrors would be good.

The F6B, like it's red-headed step-sister, the Goldwing, has enough alternator output to easily power a set of heated mirrors.

So my new heated Muth mirrors have been shipped to me, and they are wanting ME to do the first install...with NO instructions...so they have asked me to write up the first set of installation instructions, and take a lot of pictures.

While I know that heated mirrors do not keep 100% of the rain off a mirror, it does keep 93.14159 % (you asked for it) of the rain off the mirror face, so it makes for better visibility.

Now, we all know that Eck will be the next guy in line on this forum to want a set of these Muth Heated Mirrors. Sorry, Eck, but there are alrwady others ahead of you in line, but they are on other forums, so you can be # 2 on this forum. It would have been SilvrT, but he got conned into getting rid of his pumpkin Wing, and bought a Victor/Victoria bike.:rotf:

Once I get these, and take pictures, I will post them.

:backinmyday:

(Quote) Now, we all know that Eck will be the next guy in line on this forum to want a set of these Muth Heated Mirrors. Sorry, Eck, but there are already others ahead of you in line, but they are on other forums, so you can be # 2 on this forum

Sorry Miles, but I already have a set of Muth mirrors on my wing. And, no, they are NOT heated but I have no need for heated mirrors..:rasberry:

Edited by Eck