IGNORED

SD cards

Okay, so we bought the bike two weeks ago today, and still no SD card from the dealer.

so I know how the bike sounds without music. This is boring already. and I'm getting pissed !!!!!!

Can I buy an SD card, or are they made for each bike?:bawling:

I'm not a modern GW guy. So I got to nosing around and found this. So that left me scratching my head on rather it's a SD card or a thumb drive you need for the music.

Either way, cheap and easy to find.

Even my dealer did not know this. The 2012 Goldwing does not have one SD card, it has TWO! Additionally the obvious SD card you find is NOT the one you use for GPS/Computer updates. The first one is to trade with other riders and their Goldwings travel data etc. It is also used to update travel routes and so forth on your home computer. It is the second SD Card that is needed for actual software and map updates from Garmin.

The unit is located in the trunk mounted to the back wall. When you open the cover, you see on the left side the first SD card sticking. What is much harder to see is just below it there is a dark rubber cover seated into the side of the unit. You have to peel back that cover and under it recessed is another SD card. This is the one you need to do any updates from Garmin. You simply plug it in to your home computer or laptop, go to the Garmin website and their website will automatically scan and read the card and look for any updates for your specific bike and unit. In my case, there were none yet.

During all this I came across other information that kept telling me the 2012 Goldwing has a BUILT in MP3 or WMV music player.

Talking again to the dealer they had me convinced this was NOT the case and that what the instructions were talking about was the ability to PLUG IN an MP3 player via the interface in the front left pocket or USB port in the trunk. Well for some reason I kept having this nagging feeling that just was not correct.

Well I was right! The 2012 Golding DOES have a built in and integrated MP3/WMV player. And it is so simply to access it was amazing..

All you need is a memory card/thumb drive. You can buy one for just a few dollars at walmart or any other place. Just copy all your music files to the thumb drive. No special tools needed.

Then plug the thumb drive into the USB port in the trunk. Next make sure you have power to the stereo/computer via acc or with the bike running. Hit the AUX button. The display will show AUX. Then hit the AUX button a SECOND time. It will now display USB and the USB symbol will also now display.

And automatically your music will start playing and the display will show you the music name file and time and duration of play. Use your normal controls on your panel or on your hand grip assembly to control everything! That simple!

I was given the map data card, buy a friend in the shop, But still waiting on this SD card.

okay, so I'm going to download all my stored computer music files. ( America, Doobie Brothers & Buffalo springsteen) Really, I'm not that old !!!!! :thumbsup2::clap2::twing:

I was given the map data card, buy a friend in the shop, But still waiting on this SD card.

okay, so I'm going to download all my stored computer music files. ( America, Doobie Brothers & Buffalo Springsteen) Really, I'm not that old !!!!! :thumbsup2::clap2::twing:

You don't need to be old to recognize good music. Specially since most of today's popular music is not.:backinmyday:

I remember driving around a lot with one hand on the tuner. :rotf:

Yep, remember it well... turn the radio on and wait while the tubes to heat up... then tune to your station of choice... then as you drive and the radio gets warmer the tuner drifts so you retune, almost always up... then a bit later it gets a bit fuzzy so you retune... but hey, if it was a trip of an hour or so you had a good half hour of untouched tuner and some sweet tunes.

Brake Pad....what is it that you need an SD card for ???????????

On my 2013 Honda F6B...which should be similar, unless you need the SD card for a Nav package...on my bike we have the ability to plug in a Thumb Drive, or any USB related item, i.e., a MP3 box, etc., into the left saddlebag.

On mine, I have a 16gb thumb drive, it is micro-sized, but holds 16gb, and it is loaded with 11.4 gb of music, and this is plugged in to the cable inside the left saddlebag. Once plugged in, the audio system on the bike will recognize that you have plugged in an USB item. There are steps to take to get into the right Mode...and then put it in an A-RDM mode, so that from that point on it sercves as your music source, and will always play at Random. I did mine up before going on the ride out to Tennessee, and it qworked perfectly. Since I returned, I removed it...asked my wife to load up all her music on my thumb drive, and re-inserted it back onto the bike.

Once the thumb drive has been removed...even for a second...and then you re-insert it back into the bike...you need to go through the button pushing steps once ahain, to set it for A-RDM.

Now, I am not aware at all of a dealer supplied SD card. I "think" that the salesman told you a falsehood, unless you have something on the '12 Wing that I am not aware of.

:backinmyday: