IGNORED

'83 trike project

About two months ago, I purchased an '83, low milage (18,500), NON-running Yugo --- no, Venture Royale. The bike is very clean but needs much TLC inluding a new windshield (delivered today), left-side mirror (still looking), new TDI (ordering thru Dingy). I am not sure how long it has sat w/o running but it turns over at least. We have added new oil and filter, air breather, antifreeze, spark plugs and assorted nuts and bolts. We plan to eliminate both the CLASS system and integrated brakes (KISS.)

We have checked out the stator (which already has a cooler!) and regulator and these seem functional. We will add Progressive springs to the front and plumb the front brake cylinder to operate both front discs. When purchased, the carbs had been removed. We cleaned and synched them and can do final adjustment after they are installed.

We were able to locate a 1986 Nissan 300ZX IRS rearend from a local junk yard and original wheels from another source. We inverted the differential, sealing the original vent and drilling out a new one. Both the front seal and rear gasket were replaced to assure no leaks. I have degreased and power washed the rearend with plans to sandblast and paint it. We have cut off/removed extraneous metal and plan to utilize motorcycle coil-over shocks to replace the much heavier original shocks and springs. The discs have been sandblasted with plans to replace all brake lines.

I am fortunate in having a friend that is an expert bike mechanic and another friend that is an outstanding car mechanic. Both are used to working on older vehicles and actually repairing problems rather than just throwing on new parts to see what works. Also, I have to thank numerous fellow Venturerers for advice. Dingy has been super in chasing down the Ignitech electronics and Blueswade is a great souce of advice and encouragement.

I hope to post pictures as we progress and, as always, I welcome any advice and suggestions.

As you can tell from my initial aborted post, I am basically computer illiterate. I have pics on my AT&T android smart phone but do not know how to download them to this forum. Help!

Open the web browser on your phone, navigate to this thread and click on the paperclip you see in the tool bar above (next to the smily face), a window will popup and you select the pictures you want to post. then click the submit reply button below. :thumbsup2: