IGNORED

Member in need

Freebird

Well folks, I know that it's a hard time for many but for some it just seems that things get worse and worse. I learned that Mike (snaggletooth) was having some serious problems several weeks ago. I asked if we could help but at that time he just wasn't ready to ask. Mike, like most of us, is a proud man and has a hard time asking his friends for such help but sometimes we just need our friends to lend a hand. This is a guy who has always worked hard and took care of business. Mike actually worked two jobs for several years but both jobs came to an end. The first was when Hostess shut down and then a similar fate with his other job. Now I know that many are living close to the edge right now so PLEASE don't feel bad if you simply are unable to help. If you can though, I know that Mike will really appreciate it.

I'm going to share the message that he sent me. I hope he doesn't mind. I received this today after offering to help a few weeks ago.

Hello Don,

Mike here. Not having an easy time writing this. It was about a month ago when Gary brought my situation to light and you and some of the guys came forward and passed the hat. I'll never forget that. I said I was not going to use the donations until I hit the wall but the wall was coming faster than I expected. I had go into that money much sooner than I'd hoped for and was not able to avoid it. I was in the position to trying to keep a roof over my head and get my belongings thinned out and stored and until a job was found, Not looking like that's not happening as soon as I hoped for.

It's been one step forward and two steps back on everything I've tried to do to find a new place to go lately. On this last Tuesday morning I ended up having to take my daughter to the emergency room at the hospital in Lincoln, NE near where she works again. She was in quite a bit of pain and having trouble standing up. What she had been getting treatment for in the recent past was claimed to be a UTI infection. Not uncommon, she has dealt with it for years but it kept getting worse. Tuesday they found she has a serious bladder inflammation and swelling. They think now that she may never if had an actual UTI, may have been something wrong with the bladder or even kidneys all along. They used some words that scared her pretty badly. From her family history I hope they are way off. They have started her on meds and has been refered to a Uroloigist for more evaluation and treatment early next week.

At least they didn't keep her in the hospital until then. But they were waiting with their hands out when I took her home. I'm still in debt from her last round in their ER.

But that puts me in a position where I can not leave here with Ashley in this situation. Will not leave her alone during this. I need to stay near her. She's my kid. We've dealt with everything together since she was 8 months old.

I'd already given notice last month to the management on my town house. I tried to work with them to prorate me out early but they won't let me so I'm legally tied here until end of May now. I lived here since 1999 with no problems with management ever. I was hoping they would work with me a bit as I dropped the long term lease arrangements several years back but no, the money rules here. No easy way out.

But being tied to the costs here for another month does not help with Ashley being treated 50 miles away. I'd rather live in a tent closer to her than have a roof over my head here.

Good God I ramble on. Like I said, it's been one thing after another trying to close down my home, get rid of my life and store what's left, and then the medical issue with Ashley kind of tied the noose for me today. I'm done. Game over,

So I'm done chewing my pride. Didn't taste all that great anyway. I feel like I've been hit by a truck today. My sense of humor has carried me though a lot of things through my life, but I'm having trouble looking for the light side anymore.

So if the offer still stands, I will accept any help the club can offer. Not words that come from me easy. But I've run out of options.

If not I fully understand. I know others recently lost their homes from flooding and others have lost family members. I'm not the only one with troubles.

But thanks for reading this. Gave me a little vent today.

Mike

If you use PayPal, you can send a donation to Mike at michaelk501@juno.com Otherwise, please send him a PM for his address.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freebird,

Thank you for posting this. As I have been aided by members, I am happy to offer up some assistance.

We are here for each other, in many ways.

Hope all goes well for Him and his family.

Edited by Daitan

Let me look in my stash and see what I can do.

Needing a little help is nothing to worry about. I will be glad to help after all I have needed a little help once in a while myself.

Post an address and I'll get a check off. Sorry I am still old school.

Hope all gets better for you real soon

Don thanks for the post.

Bubber

Edited by Bubber
spelling, what else

Dang!! I just sent a Paypal to Mike with a short note saying 'Hope this helps... Condor' and I get contacted by Paypal wanting me to explain the meaning of 'Condor', and quoting all sorts of leagalize like I was a spy or something, and breaking international law... Usually I don't add a note to a gift, but thought.. what the 'H' this time around. I sent Paypal an email as requested with an explaination about the handle. We'll see how it shakes out.... Also even though the payment is flagged they didn't waste any time taking it out of my balance...

Boss can you make this a sticky

Mike i know how you feel and what you are going through i have been out of work since Nov when i wrecked the RSTD and in all this my mother goes in for heart surgery a month ago and again 1 week ago i cant be near her and that is tough and still healing from the wreck. real tough situation but i will make it and so will you i cant send anything at the moment but when i get my un-employment started or toyota calls me (im hoping toyota calls first they pay better) i will send what i can then as i have been helped by this generous family too prayers sent for now Mike

Attached is a picture of Snag. Sometimes helps to put a face to a name.

Something Don didn't mention in his 1st post is that Mike has complete hearing loss. This happened about 18 months or so ago, no known cause that I am aware of. This makes his finding a job that much more difficult.

Please help him if you are able to, this man is in this position due to circumstances beyond his control.

:fingers crossed:

Gary

I guess I need to step up here and say thanks to each and everyone of you for what has been happening here today. I'm still sort of reeling from the responses to this post. Your words of support and well wishes has made my day a little lighter.

I wish I could find the right words to express what I feel right now but I'm not sure I could do that as well as I need to.

So for now all I can do is say thank you for everything.

With all my heart,

Mike