IGNORED

Voyager Kit

wes0778

Been there, done that. Ended up with a full trike. Wife LOVES IT! She liked the Voyager kit also. I didn't like riding the bike solo with the kit on and didn't like going through all the hassle taking it off and putting it back on.

To me the Voyager kits are ugly and you have to be careful with where you go, you could end up getting stuck with your drive wheel off the ground. Why not go with trike, a real three wheeler, you wont be sorry, I cant wait to get back on my trike a true three wheeler. In fact I am so satisfied with mine I am getting rid of the 83, which I am selling to Jamie, and trying to sell the V Star also.

Well, tried the sidecar thingy and was Ok, just not for me, so now, to keep the wife happy (for some reason, she seems to not like falling over :confused24:) I've invested in a Voyager kit.

:cool10::cool10::cool10:

I sometimes wish that I had opted for the sidecar instead of the trike. I wanted to have the sidecar so I could take the wife and the dog along. Now I have no wife and still have the dog. I just can't seem to teach the dog ( a great pyrenese 40 inches to the shoulder taller than me when she is standing on her back legs and 130 pounds) to ride in the passenger seat. :confused24:

A friend had a Voyager on his Wing - constant adjusting to obtain best ride, got high sided a couple times (outriggers on solid ground but drive wheel in a concave area), once on, he never took it off and still had adjusting to do often.

I can't imagine the problems that MAY be encountered by taking it off and on regularly. (if that's your intention)

Several downsides but the MAIN up side is being able to ride w/o the fear of going down at a light.

All in all, I'm sure you'll both enjoy it.

Well, tried the sidecar thingy and was Ok, just not for me, so now, to keep the wife happy (for some reason, she seems to not like falling over :confused24:) I've invested in a Voyager kit.

:cool10::cool10::cool10:

Hey Wes,

Headed your way with Reggie in a couple of weeks for the sidecar.

Good to hear it was OK (not NONO).

Question (mine, not Reggie's), once you have established the mounts, how much time/work is it to put it on/off, like mentioned for the Voyager? Or is that a nono.

Probably doesn't have an EJECT lever?

Oh, think we may do Natches Trace either to or from. Reggie asked me if I knew of it. Yes but have not ridden it.

(And good timing for Reggie, on a ride stop he said "looking for sidecar" and I showed him yours on my smart phone right then. So Bobcat didn't buy, but, think we got a couple of new VR members now.)

Mike G.

To me the Voyager kits are ugly

Ya know, considering this fella had already purchased his trike kit, and was really not asking for anyones opinion on it's "looks", I find your comment not useful and to be honest, rude.

I am certain he is a big boy and can speak for himself. So I am just speaking for me.

I find no help in your personal opinion of another members choice or preference of taste in trikes.

James

Ya know, considering this fella had already purchased his trike kit, and was really not asking for anyones opinion on it's "looks", I find your comment not useful and to be honest, rude.

I am certain he is a big boy and can speak for himself. So I am just speaking for me.

I find no help in your personal opinion of another members choice or preference of taste in trikes.

James

Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder. I named my 85 "Ugly" but nobody ever said I was normal. I seem to get opinions pretty often that I don't care for. I put them the same place I do those threats from my neighbor about what he is going to do with his Hardley. ( The neighbor I can never catch on the road) I may some day pick up a Voyager. I don't want a full time trike and don't give a Rats Ass what others think of it.

James

Thanks, James, but Lewis is a friend and I know he was somewhat :stickpoke:ing and :stirthepot:ing. :rotf:

:cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10:

Hey Wes,

Headed your way with Reggie in a couple of weeks for the sidecar.

Good to hear it was OK (not NONO).

Question (mine, not Reggie's), once you have established the mounts, how much time/work is it to put it on/off, like mentioned for the Voyager? Or is that a nono.

Probably doesn't have an EJECT lever?

Oh, think we may do Natches Trace either to or from. Reggie asked me if I knew of it. Yes but have not ridden it.

(And good timing for Reggie, on a ride stop he said "looking for sidecar" and I showed him yours on my smart phone right then. So Bobcat didn't buy, but, think we got a couple of new VR members now.)

Mike G.

PM sent

Yep I've talked to both and think they will both hang around with us for a while

Pa. laws say a bike is 2 or 3 wheels 4 is not a motorcycle any more cant be inspected as such but some dealers will inspect it as a bike

Do what I did. Take the kit off, inspect the bike, put it back on. No problem!