IGNORED

Blowing off steam

dwatson636

I have to say, I am the last person I know to get upset about pretty much anything. But this frosted my cookies. There is a certain Venture Facebook page, not at all affiliated with this site, that a lot of us frequent. From time to time someone asks a question about their bike that no one has an answer for. Someone then suggests heading over to this site or others for a possible answer to their question. Straight away the moderator makes the comment that members there are pulling people from his page so that this site can get more money. I can't see anyone here doing that just to get more members. Everyone here seems honestly genuine to just wanting to have a great experience on a great bike.

This is just my opinion on this subject. I am not looking for pros and cons on the subject, I just don't like other people bad mouthing "pay" sites as a just for profit organization. I paid to this site because it is a wealth of great info and I would like to see it continue. I know I have only been here a short time, but the people here are really nice and 12 bucks isn't going to break me. But the info was still here for free if I wanted it.

Sorry for the rant. I need to get out and ride..........

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is the Yamaha Royal Star Venture and Tour Deluxe Fans, and Owners. I am not saying others should drop off the site like I did. It just ticked me off that if the moderator wants to give a good site to his members and help them in anyway possible.... He mentioned that this site was for profit and gain of memberships.

Surprised I have not been told that I send people to this site and others all the time from that FB page. I did not even know there was a webpage associated with it.

I just read the guys rant and what a tool.

Edited by etcswjoe

That's OK...I had found it. People have differing opinions and that's OK. I actually was a member of that one but haven't been there in a LONG time. I just removed myself from it. I don't really care about his opinion one way or the other but don't want to be listed there if he is going to badmouth us.

I saw the facebook rant as well, I had not been there in some time so missed the starter to the rant. I enjoy the entertainment value on the FB pages. I actually found a picture of me and my bike doing the cone course two up with Lori, surprised me to open a facebook page and see myself there.

There is more than one page referring to Ventures and the others all seem good and most are also members here. This is the place with all the important stuff going on.

:whistling: and watching

To save others from searching for the facebook page (moderators - delete this post if you deem necessary) :

Sonny Rattan

I would just like to once again let all our valued members in this group, that this facebook page is NOT associated with any of the Venture websites out there. I am not a member of any of the sites, and do not promote any of them. This page is simply a world wide place that all owners and fans of the bikes can come and chat, ask questions, tell stories etc. This will always be a free page, facebook willing!! Please do not use this group to try to boost membership at the paid sites out there. Thanks much!

I joined the Ventureriders facebook page but rarely go there. I find VentureRiders.Org to have the friends and info I need.

I see nothing wrong with pointing someone to another site if the info they need is there. Supporting each other is the important thing.

I joined the Ventureriders facebook page but rarely go there. I find VentureRiders.Org to have the friends and info I need.

I could be wrong, but I think the Venturerider FB page was started to help us keep in touch just in case this site ever crashed again ( god forbid).

If you do a search in facebook for "Yamaha Venture" or "Royal Star Venture"... I don't see the VentureRiders group. The listing only shows the one discussed above and one other.

Whoever is running the VentureRiders group might want to look into why it doesn't show up as a group listing when searching for the Venture.

Ventureriders group has 218 members. The group discussed here has 677 members.

If you do a search in facebook for "Yamaha Venture" or "Royal Star Venture"... I don't see the VentureRiders group. The listing only shows the one discussed above and one other.

Whoever is running the VentureRiders group might want to look into why it doesn't show up as a group listing when searching for the Venture.

Ventureriders group has 218 members. The group discussed here has 677 members.

Venturerider FB is a closed group that you have to be invited into. That may be the reason why.

I just received an Facebook, message from (Sonny Rattan, The guy that set up that other forum.

(I quote) You are a total Douchebag. trying to advertise that other page. I guess this is what retards do, (a few other choice words) and To Go FK !!! myself ass wipe. Its a shame he lives in another country.

I'd like to go knock on his door.

WOW!!

How much more could a guy embarras himself? :doh:

Hello Everyone: I too saw that post asking not to advertise the other paid sites. I thought it was tacky also. I belong to a few other sites, but the vr.org site is the cream of the crop in my opinion. I have also been guilty of referring others to the vr.org site. I too just like yourselves are simply trying to help others. One can never have too much knowledge or too many friends.

I just received an Facebook, message from (Sonny Rattan, The guy that set up that other forum.

(I quote) You are a total Douchebag. trying to advertise that other page. I guess this is what retards do, (a few other choice words) and To Go FK !!! myself ass wipe. Its a shame he lives in another country.

I'd like to go knock on his door.

Just cause I'm good at finding people, he's from Hamilton Ontario

I'm on that site and i know a few other members are too. but i won't be any more. not if that sort of stuff is going to happen. thats BS!

Here is the real Venturerider Facebook group. It is the group I started. http://www.facebook.com/groups/144033808988878/

I'm in this one too so I guess I'm in good standing there. Don't think I'm in the other one thou. At least I've never been invited and if I am I'll just ignore the invite.

I do belong to a couple or three other sites but VR.org is home and always will get top billing.

Larry