IGNORED

Google Wallet-scam?

Venturous Randy

I am in the process of looking for another Maxima or Infinity and have run across one of those too good to be true deals. The following is the response I got back after an inquiry and even though I doubt there is anything good to this, there is reference to Google Wallet. Does anyone know anything about GW and is there any way I could verify anything?

Hi again,

Right now I'm in a military base. We are training, getting ready for Afghanistan. I am only allowed to check my email twice a day. We have to stick to e-mail for now. Hope you can understand. Like I already said, the delivery process will be managed by me. I think I can have it there at your home address within 2-3 working days. It will come with a clear title and reg. I am a member of the Google Wallet buyer protection program and using this service you will get a 5 days testing period after delivery. During that 5 days testing period I will not be getting any money. I need to know if you are interested so I can ask Google Wallet to send you the details on this deal. If interested please include in your next email your contact info for Google Wallet (full name, shipping address and phone number), so we can get the ball rolling.

RandyA

Ask him the question, "Where can I see the bike"? Tell him you will drive anywhere anytime to see it.

You will never get a straight answer and I bet that responds you got was not really an answer to a question you did ask!

I just sent this response;

Hey, I am retired and looking for a reason for a road trip. I have cash in hand and since you are in the military, would be willing to kick in a little more, as I am a veteran and know how difficult things can be.

Just let me know and I can be there tomorrow.

I will see what this gets. :detective:

Randy

If you get a response, it will probably along the lines of the bike being stored somewhere and will have to be shipped to you. He will probably offer free shipping and tell you that the money will be secure in Google Wallet until you approve the bike upon arrival. None of which will be true of course.

Yup!! Reeks of scam!! Why is it always a service member going overseas and they will guarantee shipment??

If you do make some sort of arrangement to "see" the bike carrying money, pack heat and don't go alone, many people have been robbed that way...

This is the response that I just got:

Hi,

In order to buy my car you have to make the payment to Google Wallet,they will hold your funds until you receive the car and you inspect it,after that,in case you won`t like it you can send it back on my cost and Google Wallet will send all your money back.If you decide to keep you have to announce Google Wallet,and they will release the funds to me.You will get the car with all the paperwork and the bill of sale which will be already signed and notarized onto your name.Send me your full name and address so Google Wallet can complete the invoice onto your name and send it to you by email.Don`t worry in case you won`t like this transaction you can cancel it whenever you want and you will be charged with nothing.

Any suggestions on how I should respond? Don't worry, I am not going to Google Wallet or any where else and give them any personal information. This is for a 2005 Maxima.

RandyA

I got an E-mail today claiming I had an IRS Refund due. Hmmmm Another SCAM,

if IRS wants to communicate with you, you will get a letter in the mail from them.

I have allready filed, tax, and got my refund from IRS. So this is another type of Scam .

Don't fall for this one

I couldn't help it, I just had to give her one more response. I wonder if I will get anymore responses from her or him or whatever they are.

I'm sorry, but I am just a country boy and when I deal, I deal in cash. Not credit cards, debit cards or Google's or anyone else's wallet, just my own wallet.

I do appreciate your military service and given that, I would consider giving you twice what you are asking for the car, but it would have to be a cash deal, face to face.

From what I can tell, There is actually such a thing as Google Wallet. BUT Google Wallet is NOT an escrow service. It is an app that you put on your smart phone to keep an electronic version of your credit cads that you can use in stores and not have to carry the physical card around.

This is just like the scams that use eBay Escrow services, eBay does exist, but they do not have an escrow service.

Ask him for HIS contact info so that you can enter it into the "Flyin Escrow Service" to facilitate his payment. And then send the money to me,,,,,,,,I mean the "Flyin Escrow Service".......:whistling:

Reading about these scams always gets me back to http://www.419eater.com, this is a website dedicated to scamming the scammers, there is some funny stuff on there as well as tips on how to do it yourself.

Edited by Flyinfool

Why is it always a service member going overseas and they will guarantee shipment??

I've had requests from "God fearing co-worker of Christ" who was selling the vehicle to help finance his ministry deep in the Amazon......same scam but different strings used to tug on the ol' heart.

Well, as I expected, I did not receive any more responses this morning. I guess that he just don't want to deal with a "country boy".

I think the thing that bothers me the most is using the soldier concept when we all know that people like that are way too worthless to ever consider serving this country. I knew it was a scam, but I was interested in getting a little more information on how this one worked. Another thing I have seen is the same car listed in various locations, hundreds of miles apart and being sold locally. You would think Craigs List would do a better job of policing these things.

RandyA

I wish there was a way to send these guys a virus that will eat their hard drives in the email response.... Maybe a pic of a naked woman will do the trick?? :whistling:

I know what you mean.

I did get another contact saying if I wanted to buy car, please send full name and shipping address.

I responded by asking for their address where we could meet at.

RandyA