IGNORED

Working on Members Map

Freebird

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working good now Don. I think it would be better if members listed their contact info so it pops up right on the map instead of having to go to their profile. If they are offering VR assistance that is. I think that's what the map is all about right?

Edited by Gary N.

Yes, and that is probably my fault because I really didn't think that far ahead when I started it. I have my city and telephone number listed. That should be the minimum and then if you want to see what services a member offers, you can view their profile.

Hopefully people will update their info now that I THINK I have it working correctly.

Yes, and that is probably my fault because I really didn't think that far ahead when I started it. I have my city and telephone number listed. That should be the minimum and then if you want to see what services a member offers, you can view their profile.

Hopefully people will update their info now that I THINK I have it working correctly.

I see you have moved into the local fire hall. Tired of feeding the pond monster?

Yep, the pins show, but I'm still not listed. Maybe it's got something to do with my subscription runs out in two weeks.

Nope, that would have nothing to do with it. Have you entered your information and then hit the Update button?

ok I'm in there. is this the same thing as the venture sighting map or is this going to be another page on the main menu?

Separate thing. Does anybody really use the Sighting map though? Do we want to keep it?

Apparently I'm not home!

Howard, you have to add your own information by clicking the "your entry" link at the top of the map.

Nice piece of work Don! I'm on there too. Is the image to come later or did I miss something entering my info?

Andy

There is a problem with the images so I did away with the field to input them. If people put in certain characters and etc., it breaks the map.

There are 2 blanks do you type screen name in both or do we have to type URL that is linked to our name next to welcome think I read the whole thread must have missed the instructions

You can put whatever you want in either blank. Some of us have put our city and province or city and state in the first blank and a comment in the second blank. Your "profile" name should automatically appear in the middle when you go to your "pin". That's what is in the URL on the "entry" screen. Hope this is clear enough.

Andy