IGNORED

2013 F6B...in the driveway

Miles

But will the "Wing" guys let you join thier forum?

This is THEE only forum I choose to partake in, and I believe that these Wing guys will let me stay here.:cool10:

As for the missing trunk...it does not come with one, just like the RSTD does not come with a rear trunk. But I will add one, that can come on and off. In my case, the rear trunk will be sitting forward of where most people put a rear trunk, and it will be over the passenger seating area.

:backinmyday:

Guest tx2sturgis

Man, that bike just begs for some deep, rumbly sounding pipes!

No more 'silent grey fellow' type names that the geezers seem to use for the GoldThing™!

:happy34:

• 3 weeks later...
I think it was Kuryakyn that made the 6 into 6 pipes for the Valkyrie's those were great pipes. You know the Valk was originally marketed as the F6.

Right now Cobra is finishing its' new 6 into 2 into 6 pipe for this new bike, and it is in all Black finish.

The Valkyrie was labeled an F6C, and this new bike is the F6B.

The C on the Valkyrie was for Cruiser, and the B on this bike is for Bagger.

So now that you have had it for a little bit what do you think?

Chief, my honest opinion is that it is the most fun I have ever had on a Wing. It is faster, lighter, handles better, blah blah blah than a normal GL-1800 Wing. It is so good, I hate to call it a Wing.

I have only had it for 3 weeks now...to the day, and have spent about 2 grand in accessories on it. I think that other than the new custom seat that I am having done on May 9th, I am done spending money on accessories.

Yesterday I rode over to a guys house about 15 miles from me, he sells the Windbender windshields, the Firecreek accessories, etc., and he was having a huge maintenance day at his shop, installing a LOT of parts and accessories onto a large group of Wings that had come from all over the Northwest, including Canada. When I came pulling into the lot on my new F6B, it was like time stood still. Everyone stopped what they were doing, mouths agape..and no one talked for like 30 seconds. Then thay all started to come over and look the new bike over. I only knew two people there, but there was 30 people that couldn't get their eyes off this new bike.

So, I am very happy with it. Lots of long rides scheduled for this year. After the new seat is made on May 9th, then I leave here on May 15th, so that I can be in Tennessee 2 days later (2415 miles) for the B2Bdad/mom barbeque.

I look forward to the ride.

Thanks, I sat on one at the dealer but they were not offering test rides on them yet. I really would like to take one for a few hours just have to wait for the Demo truck to come around.

Joe, if you want to ride up to the Dresden, Tennessee gathering on May 18th, I will have my bike tere, and you can ride it. Funny thing...I have learned the hard way that it is a must that you should test ride a new bike (new bike to you) before you buy. When I went to this dealer to buy a brand new 2012 ST1300 ABS, I took it for a short test ride...like 1 mile, and brought it back, saying...no No NO, and was ready to leave. I have owned a 2003 ST1300 ABS before, but this ride reminded me of WHY I no longer ride that kind of bike. Before I could leave the parking lot, the owner of the dealership asked me if I would test ride a new F6B that they had sitting right there. They had 6 models of this bike, and no sales yet. Sure, I will test ride it for you.

After another 1 mile test ride...just 1 mile, I brought it back and said let's write up a deal on this. I paid only $ 17,500.00 for a bike that lists at $ 19,999.00. The dealer I bought from has no problem letting experienced riders take a test ride, and they sell them for less money than anyone in North America. It is worth flying out here to save a few thousand dollars.

Miles:backinmyday:

Guest tx2sturgis

Miles, have you put enough...uh...miles...on it to have an idea of real-world fuel mileage?

Yes, its not quite broke in yet, but it would be interesting to have an idea of the total on-board range it can get.

Thanks.

Miles, have you put enough...uh...miles...on it to have an idea of real-world fuel mileage?

Yes, its not quite broke in yet, but it would be interesting to have an idea of the total on-board range it can get.

Thanks.

Brian, no...not yet. Too early to tell. And I am hard on fuel mileage anyway, because of speed. I reasly believe the total range will exceed 200 easily, and maybe 250...dependent upon speed ridden.

Congrats Miles on the new 2 wheeled Stealth bomber... I am wondering if the cassette player on the new purchase is any better than on the other bikes?:whistling::rotf:

Dear Goof-Ball, as you very well know Honda stopped using a Cassette player back in the days of the wooden wheels. However, this bike does have a USB port hidden inside the left saddlebag, and I have already loaded up a 16gb flash drive, plugged it into the USB port, and it operates through the audio system, which...when in All Random, I can listen to 3600 different songs, of over 13.4 gb of music, from coast to coast, and never hear the same song twice.

It works very well.

What I wouldn't give to have a hidden USB port on the bike. That would be so awesome!!

Hey etcswjoe:

you are more than welcome to come join us here in TN on May 18th! Would love to have you here. Sign up on the calendar if you decide to come!

(thanks Miles!)

Patti

• 1 month later...

Mornin' Miles, I may have missed it, but I am looking for a recent update on the F6B. Having owned and ridden it for 4-5 weeks, added some aftermarket goodies and seat time to Tennessee and back, what does it lack, what does it need...

How about the fuel mileage, considering it is on stock tires(is it? :confused24:), you went thru break-in, etc.

Ergonomics, bar placement, foot placement, tight clutch, you know.

Now I know, having followed some of your post, that you were not averaging 55mph on the trip to Tenn. I will consider that with your mileage :thumbsup2:

Thanks for your input

If you have covered these topics, my apology

James

Mornin' Miles, I may have missed it, but I am looking for a recent update on the F6B. Having owned and ridden it for 4-5 weeks, added some aftermarket goodies and seat time to Tennessee and back, what does it lack, what does it need...

How about the fuel mileage, considering it is on stock tires(is it? :confused24:), you went thru break-in, etc.

Ergonomics, bar placement, foot placement, tight clutch, you know.

Now I know, having followed some of your post, that you were not averaging 55mph on the trip to Tenn. I will consider that with your mileage :thumbsup2:

James

James, I like the bike better every day. While the bike is still not fully broken in, not until it hits 10,000 miles on these GL-1800 engines, it does have over 7,000 miles on it now, in the last 2 months.

The fuel mileage, considering that I do not ride slow...has been averaging about 38 mpg. I could get a LOT better, if I rode the way that most people do, or as slow as Texas2sturgis does on hs Ural:rotf:.

I know I can easily average 45 mpg, if I wanted to, but speed is a demon I have not tamed yet.

I have added a lot of things, and taken things off, and on, in the past 2 months. I did replace the stock windshield, which is only 9 inches tall, and installed a Tulsa Sport windshield, and I love it. It is 10 inches taller than the stock one, and I can still see over it. I did have Rick Mayer make me a custom seat, rode that to Tennessee, and have now sold that seat, and am having Russell Day-Long seats make me a new one next week.

I have changed some lighting on the bike, adding Red LED lights to the rerar t/s housings, and that makes a big difference. Changed the front t/s lens', to a smoked lens, with amber bulbs. Changed my low beam headlight bulbs to PIAA Ultra White bulbs, and have installed two sets of lower cowling lights onto the front cowling area. The first ones from BikeMP3 did not have good brackets. Sent those back, and am now using the Electrical Connection Single Shooter LED lights, with a yellow lens. People at the Tennessee gathering can tell you how bright they were.

I have added my Valentine One radar detector, and my Garmin Zumo 550 GPS, and all are intergrated into the helmet. The handlbars have been lift, pulled back, and moved twice now, and I have one more move to go to make them perfect.

I did add Kuryakyn highway pegs for riding comfort, as well as a new item...a Kuryakyn Cubby Box, in the center console of the dash area. It works great.

As I said, I really like this bike, more and more every day. I am very close to finishing the changes, and once done, it should have about 50k on it by the end of this year, when the bike is not quite 9 months old.