IGNORED

Hannigan Trike Trunk Lock??????????

First_N_Last

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay, Do you have to always put the key into that

lock to make it pop up? Or do you just push on it?

Yes, You must use the key to pop it up. I don't see it as a problem because you should have the trunk locked anyway while traveling. The handle has a little slop in it when in the up position, so it will be locked when riding. I'm going to try an o-ring to take up the slight looseness.

I like the cleaner look when locked.

• 2 months later...

For papatop49: Ray you really don't need photos for this one. You simply buy the lock, make sure you get the right one. Remove the old original Hannigan lock. You will likely need to slightly enlarge the hole. It will not take much enlarging so make frequent checks. I used a Dremel tool and it took about two "circles" and it was done. The entire process of removing the old lock, enlarging the hole and installing the new T-Handle lock took about 5-6 minutes! Really! The hardest part was cutting/filling the slot in the metal cam to match the original locks cam position. I put them both in a vise (make sure they line up correctly from the lock point) and then I Dremeled and filed the slot smooth.

I can provide photos of the finished installation if you really think you will need them.