IGNORED

The "Venture" is no more?

alwrmcusn

Talking with a dealer this morning who seems pretty sure that the new Yamaha that is being teased in ad's is going to be a hot item. Also said that the current Venture is likely the last. Said that there would be a touring bike but not as a Venture. The new lineup may be displayed in Vegas at the big show there in a couple of months.

Mike, Thank you...enjoyed the Kennesaw ride for sure.

That dealer said that the Venture was very likely no more. Dealer did not elaborate and has been pretty close to dead on in the past. The way it was put to our STAR members was that the Venture was going to be replaced by another touring machine. The name Venture was likely not going to be used. Again...just speculation. icon5.gif

We were in your area a couple of weeks ago, checked your meeting times and we were not there during the meeting. Otherwise would have shown up for the meeting. Should be back in Blythewood around mid May. Coffee somewhere maybe.

Guest scarylarry

One thing I have learn is dealers will claim to know while some will admit they don't know anything..

Over the years I have learn yammy won't talk about a new line until it is time to unveil, as one dealer told me it is like pulling teeth from a hungry shark, it just don't happen...

Last year I met a executive from yammy and it was a odd meeting to say the least, we talk for over a cup of jo, he had came in on diverted flight and so I help him out as much as I could...Glad he bought the jo too..

Anyway we talk about bikes and he said that quote " there is a new line up for the venture and some will like and others may not" that was before the Sept. line up came out...

He had me thinking about selling my bike off and waiting, well his story was nothing but BS and I was PO at his lies I swore I would never own and or let a yammy in my drive.

I have back down off my thoughts on the bikes but not him, came close many times of e mailing him since I had his card but figure he wasn't worth my time..

I'll keep my RSV it doesn't eat that much only the maint. end of it..

My trust in what yammy says though has as much value as the cassette players do...

I think that the surest way to know what will happen with the Venture is to check the manufacturer of the cassette player. If they're gearing up for a big production run, you know there will still be a Venture!

:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Andy

Edited by darthandy
Can't spell...

Every year this thread starts and goes the same way. Sooner than later it will change and somebody will be right. One of the reasons I went to HD is because it seems they are always working to improve there product. (ready for the joke they need to.) They would have a better place in the touring market but obviously they dont care . Yamaha is a huge corp.

"The American International Motorcycle Expo (AIMExpo), in conjunction with Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA, announced today that the iconic brand will use the groundbreaking showcase as a platform to display its 2014 products in the marketplace and interact with dealers and consumers. "..."AIMExpo will be held on October 16-20, 2013 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla. "

http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/industry-news/2013/02/21/yamaha-joins-aim-expo-to-debut-2014-models

"The American International Motorcycle Expo (AIMExpo), in conjunction with Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA, announced today that the iconic brand will use the groundbreaking showcase as a platform to display its 2014 products in the marketplace and interact with dealers and consumers. "..."AIMExpo will be held on October 16-20, 2013 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla. "

http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/industry-news/2013/02/21/yamaha-joins-aim-expo-to-debut-2014-models

probably not a good weekend for me as I have a local festival I help with that weekend here in Dahlonega, GA. Otherwise I'd consider a ride down to Florida.

While this sounds promising, The show is at the time Yamaha announces its new line-up every year, so isn't likely to be anything special. If the economy picks up, and sales pickup, then I expect Yamaha will be more likely to announce a few more new bikes.

That said, I'm relatively happy with what I'm riding now.

There isn't a person in the USA that knows what will happen to the venture. The dealers won't know until it is introduced. Someone on here a couple of years ago said they worked with yamaha usa and were told there would be a new venture in 2012. It didn't happen. Any dealer that says they know if full of ssshady ideas.