IGNORED

I need a new windshield chrome thingy. Help!

Caught a rock from the cable guy's back tire the other day. Glad it hit the chrome strip, not me. Big rock, pretty sure it would have required dental work if any higher..:Avatars_Gee_George:

With all the dirt/gravel roads 'round here, it's hard to keep a clean front end.:yikes:

I know there were threads on this in 09, forgive me Don, trying to find a supplier less than $140. Didnt know which category to put this in either...

Really dont want to go to stealer on this one....

HELP!

Ya guys it is cracked thru where the flag is in the picture with two cracks going up from there. The chrome coating is covering the cracks but it is bubbled there. Yes there are a couple tabs broken but that doesnt bother me like the big DING on the front. If I can find another reasonable, I will PM you Martin.

If it were me, I'd scuff it up with sandpaper on both sides, put some jbweld on backside and icening on the outside. Then primer and paint the color of your faring.

You can always bump this post from time to time and eventually one will pop up.

Of course the less chrome a bike has on it, the happier I am...LOL

125 US$ at Stadium Yamaha - Darn that thing is expensive and I do need one to !

Guess I will try to find a way to fix the old one that is all scraped up - but not broken.

What should I paint it with ? It is for a 2000 Millenium bike. Would like to keep the chrome look though.

The tab on one of the ends of mine was broken when I got it. I got some epoxy for PVC and a small piece of copper mosquito screen. Stuck it back together and used the screen as backing, filed it down to fit, drilled the hole out. So far it is solid. I hate paying that much money for a piece of plastic! I'm not sure that will help, it is what I would try first.

Wayne