IGNORED

What other years Models will Exhaust pipes swap for my 1996 Royal star?

Ok here we go..

I have a 1996 Royal star 1300 XVZ13AT with the stock(I want to say they are stocks pipes 4x4) one pipe per cylender, they have a nice low rumble but I want a louder meaner sound on my bike. I saw a set of pipes for sale on (used) they came of a (99 Yamaha XVZ1300 Venture Royal Star Exhaust W? Harley FLT1800 mufflers)

My main cocern is will they bolt on the header/head, so that all I gots to maybe figure out some type of bracket fab on the rear to mount on mufflers on to rear area. Im not concern about the bags and so on I didnt put them back on my bike after I repainted my bike.

Thanks guys I hope to hear some info...

you can put any 4x2 pipes and mufflers on it from all yrs, just need to have smoething on the back that will support the mufflers. you can get the saddlebags and mounts off a venture or 05-up td and that will fit your bike too. before i put on my venture saddlebags and supports on mine i used 2 chrome chevy alternator brackets from auto zone.

tazmocycle is right. I have a 1998 RSTD that needed headpipes due to rust.I bought a full set of 4 into 2 pipes from an 05 Venture that came with aftermarket Bub Mufflers. Everything fit just fine,I just had to fab a rear bracket to bolt to my saddlebag brackets. I had drilled out Road King muffs on before the Bubs and I must say the Bubs gave me the rumble I was after...I get lots of compliments on the sound.I measured the head pipes and the 05's have a slightly larger diameter which with my 32mm carb swap,it feels like a new bike!! Good luck

• Thanks 1

when i got my bub exhaust system i had to grind off about 1/16" around the part that went into the head port because it was a little bit too big to go in. thats the only problem i had with them going on. i have a complete set of 4x4s with a set of slash-cut mufflers, i think they are jardine, which are a little bit louder than stock but a good rumble to them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Joe

Which saddlebags do you have and would you be interested in selling them? I have the same bike and might be interested in taking them off your hands if you care to do so. There are at least 2 different style bags for that bike. Mine are starting to show their age and living under the Texas sun isn't helping.

Send me a PM if you are interested!

Ok here we go..

I have a 1996 Royal star 1300 XVZ13AT Im not concern about the bags and so on I didnt put them back on my bike after I repainted my bike.

Thanks guys I hope to hear some info...

• 6 years later...