IGNORED

New bike

TEW47

As of the 11th I sold my Venture and now a Honda NC700x. For me it is so much easier to ride and weights 400 lbs less and am getting close to 70mpg on the first tank of gas. Hated to sell the Venture but the Nc700x is better for me. Thanks for all the help over the years, you saved me hundreds of dollars.

tew47

Congratulations on the new ride, I have been reading about the NC700 and it sure sounds good. Be great if you could stick around and report on what you like and don't like. No one will be complaining about the 70 mpg for sure! Enjoy your new bike.

My 2nd bike is a kaw, Versys. Same idea as your 700. I've had it 2 years and enjoy the lighter weight. Here in Northern Arkansas there are a lot of fire/hard packed roads that I would never take the Venture down.

I hope to do a little adventure touring this summer.

Cb

I'm just not sold on the chain drive. I had a Yamaha XT350 in the late 80's and seemed I was always having to adjust the tension....hated it compared to shaft and belt drive. I wonder why Honda didn't go with the belt on their new 700 scooter? I can see where a belt could get broken on gravel and dirt roads on the adventure model.

Guest tx2sturgis

The X and O ring chains are pretty reliable and efficient, but after 20,000 miles or so, its time to replace the chain and the sprockets.

And the noise and the oil slinging...no thanks.

But the bike looks like a winner to me!

Enjoy!

Well today I filled up and got 72MPG.It was not until that I started looking at this bike that I heard of the SHOCK TUBE. It goes around the rear shock to seal it from drit and other grime and it works. I have never heard of one ofr the Venture but I bet they make one. It will well worth the price with so many shocks going bad.

tew47

Well today I filled up and got 72MPG.It was not until that I started looking at this bike that I heard of the SHOCK TUBE. It goes around the rear shock to seal it from drit and other grime and it works. I have never heard of one ofr the Venture but I bet they make one. It will well worth the price with so many shocks going bad.

tew47

You know the rules something new you must post Pictures. Now I say

Where are the Pic's???????

Guest tx2sturgis

tew47

If I had the money, I'd have one of every bike made. Of course, I'd need to expand my garage. I bet Jay Leno knows all about that. :happy34:

Have fun!