IGNORED

Brake pad Thickness

How thick are new pads just put new rubber on now looking at brakes. Seems like there is some pad left to me but just making sure.

Looks good, I just checked the stock Yamaha pads .250 of pad material and the EBC HH pads have .265 not counting backing plate. Not sure how much they vary if any.

Iwas going to say, them look dang near new. Being you got access to it: old tooth brush and some brake kleen and rags. Spray them out, brush them up with tooth brush put a little of the backing plate grease on back of shooes if you got it and swap out the pads. Like was previously stated they dont wear even. I would have to check the book but I think 3mm is change point. One thing of note though. I put new pads on mine and when with the next step up from OEM. I think sintered, now the rear when I apply is makes sor of a clicking or whurring noise. I have had it apart 3 times, nothing loose or miss alighned. Best deduction the folks on here info I got was normal due to the different compound of pads.

They have 11700 miles on them the manual shows you can run them down to the bottom of the groove I was looking for opinions. Next on the list mounting some RoadKing mufflers have to find a pipe stretcher need to open them up about .03 in then comes new brake and clutch fluid.

Thanks for the help

Scott :thumbsup:

Scott, Autozone has a loan a tool program and probably has the tool your looking for. First pair I put on my RSV the RK muffs went right on. Took a little wiggling around in a small circles but went on once got the end started over Yamie pipe. This pair (I changed to the slash cut version) was much tighter. I was sort of in a hurry to get them on, so of course they were going to be trouble makers. Couldnt hardly get them to start over end of Yamie pipes. I dug thru tool box looking for a socket and naada. Over in the corner of the garage I had a piece of pipe just a tad to big, was probably the right size but with muff being squoze down didnt fit. I ground a taper on to it and then put in vise and worked muff on it a little so I could get started on pipes on bike. If they will go over the pipe push on and rotate around and around in small circles until you can get some larger circles worked in then move it further up pipe. The last 3/4" of inch or so I used a 2x4 and hammer to make sure was far enough up. Some anti-siez on the pipes will go along way in helping also.

When I bought the new MAC turndown pipes for my '84 they were a bit out of round and would not slide onto the header pipes off the engine. I stopped into the local muffler shop in my neighborhood and explained my problem and showed them the pipes. The manager said be right back and took them out to the shop. He was back in 5 minutes and they were opened up a bit and round like they should have been.

When I opened my billfold he waved me off and told me to stop back when I got them mounted so they could see them on the bike. Walked away with a handshake.

Worked out pretty well. My next stops were to be the auto supply stores to rent an expander or Harbor Freight to buy a cheapie one.