I just bought this from ebay. Is anyone familiar with it? I think it is from progressive suspension, but doesn't look like anything on their site.

[ame=http://www.ebay.com/itm/330850145158?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D330850145158%26_rdc%3D1]1987 Yamaha XVZ13 XVZ 13 Venture Rear Shock Absorber and Linkage | eBay[/ame]

I just bought this from ebay. Is anyone familiar with it? I think it is from progressive suspension, but doesn't look like anything on their site.

1987 Yamaha XVZ13 XVZ 13 Venture Rear Shock Absorber and Linkage | eBay

Has anyone used this setup before if you are do you have the manual for it? It does have an air valve on it. The spring says "progressive suspension 1154 800/900" can't read the writing on the shock:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

the progressive shock for 1st gens was not available for long. You know you have one if the damping is adjusted by a screw or allen wrench. The only thing many did not like on the shock was the collar spring adjustment like a sport bike. Do not use a screw driver and hammer to adjust spring preload. Get the proper tool. Which makes it easier. Great for solo riders or someone who does not change their basic load for day to day. Progressive-They are really good shocks. That's a find.

• 1 month later...
Guest Robair 1946

The red spring identifies it as Progressive. It will make a big difference in the ride and handling of your bike. I have them on both of my Ventures, 89 and 85, both with less than 20,000 miles. Progressive springs for the front are a great idea too, as is a Superbrace for brace.

The red spring identifies it as Progressive. It will make a big difference in the ride and handling of your bike. I have them on both of my Ventures, 89 and 85, both with less than 20,000 miles. Progressive springs for the front are a great idea too, as is a Superbrace for brace.

Superbrace already installed and progressive springs in hand.:)