IGNORED

Please help with Corbin seat question to all of my VR family

Barrycuda

Ok, when I purchased my 2003 RSV about 6 weeks ago, the guy stated the previous owner was a female. True or not IDK. The bike came with a Corbin seat, that the guy claims he doesn't know if it fits, but came with the bike so OK. A few days ago I removed the seats and installed the Corbin. Here's the dilemma ( with pics to help): the rear portion of the seat seems too short. The little stem that should slide under the back seat post doesn't seem to reach. I was able to bolt down the front and it didn't seem to move at all. I just don't know enough about the bike or Corbin seats to see if it indeed is the proper seat. The sticker on the back says Corbin VENT-DT and the number next to the barcode reads 2303449. Can anyone help to determine if what I have indeed fits, or I have a $475 paperweight. It looks as if the end of the back seat is a bit further forward or "shorter" then original seat, but I would say not by very much. I am also showing some of the front, to see if thats the normal position. Any and all advice is appreciated.

*** I can not seem to add more then one pic*** grrrrrrr

Edited by Barrycuda
Proper description

The trunk may have been moved back which would cause that gap at the back.

Echo Gary, I moved my trunk back an inch, the gap doesn't look bad 2 me. If the seat slid in and bolted down and the back win't lift up it's all good

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=74017&highlight=move+trunk

Edited by dacheedah

Echo Gary, I moved my trunk back an inch, the gap doesn't look bad 2 me. If the seat slid in and bolted down and the back win't lift up it's all good

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=74017&highlight=move+trunk

Even if that piece doesn't latch under the backseat post? Over time couldn't the bolts be loosen by road vibration, and time causing a problem?

What was making me curious was the fact the rear didn't lock in under the post, but everything else looked amid lined up OK.

Steve...I am still on board for our project and have to speak with you about dates and such. Stay tuned...

I will also look at the trunk positioning, and see if it needs to be moved forward. ( even I can do THAT....right) ????????

I've not seen a Corbin where there was a problem with the tab not being in the correct position. The gap on mine is about the same as yours if the trunk is bolted to the back set of holes. The tab lines up as it should though. The seat pans should be correct, it is the top/upholstered part of the seat that doesn't go back quiet as far. If your seat pan is actually to short for the tab to properly insert, you have a problem that I haven't seen before.

Thanks everyone for all your great help and advice. The weather here has been quite warm and nice with no rain,so it's riding time in between work. After the weekend, I will swap out and see what's going on. If everyone else's tabs line up, and Don says he has never seen that problem, then chances may be it was just me. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks again.

:fingers-crossed-emo