IGNORED

Iron Butt 48-10!?

reddevilmedic

I rode in a toy run with this fella and wife in December from Sand Springs to Lake Keystone, both just west of Tulsa. He and his wife were most humble and gracious about anything being said about his ride. As he talked, I just could not quit staring at the patch on his jean jacket, ALL 48 states colored in. WOW. He was riding the same bike pictured in the article. Very nice folks. :thumbsup2::biker::biker:

Edited by deepforkriver

While Miles has done what few if any will ever accomplish, he will probably say good job as well, as he understands more than anyone what it takes.

For those of us who are dedicated riders but will never accomplish such a dream for whatever reason or limitation put on us, It is still VERY impressive and we are in awe of anyone physically able to accomplish such a feat.:bowdown::clap2:

I was thinking miles would enjoy a fellow rider in his league . It's truly a accomplishment to say the least. I'm ridding the most comfortable bike I have ever owned and about 400 miles is all I can do right now but that leaves a lot of room for improvement .

I was planning to do this in 2011, until I responded to the Joplin tornado and the summer went bye-bye. I figured I could do it in 8800 miles, which doesn't sound so bad for 10 days. A big day every other, and I think you'd be OK.

Except for weather.

Except for the delays in getting receipts in every state.

If I ever build up time to getting 10 days off, I might try it.

Dave

Nice to see and read about stories like that. Congrats to riding and arriving safely. He rode 9000 miles in 10 days. In comparison, I rode 8600 miles in the last TWO FREAKIN' YEARS. I have some catching up to do

:256:

Edited by Barrycuda