IGNORED

Best Proformance Upgrade for a 2nd Gen.

Yammer Dan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRADE IT FOR A 1st GEN!!!! :whistling::clap2::whistling:

This thing will show me how many 2nd Gen owners couldn't resist looking!!:rasberry::rotfl::rotfl:

looked because I thought you "REALLY HAD SOMETHING TO SAY".........should have known better YAWN..... p.s........welcome back you old :stirthepot:

There are two types of Motorcycle owners...those who have 1st Gens...and those who wish they had 1st Gens... :sun:

Dan, maybe we should back off on teasing the 2nd Genners.... it's kinda like teasing the kids on the short bus.... :rasberry:

P.S. Maybe we shoulda bought the 2nd Genners a sense of humor for CHRISTmas...

There are two types of Motorcycle owners...those who have 1st Gens...and those who wish they had 1st Gens... :sun:

Dan, maybe we should back off on teasing the 2nd Genners.... it's kinda like teasing the kids on the short bus.... :rasberry:

But they are so SLOW and EASY!!:innocent:

I was in my corner being nice......

Edited by Yammer Dan

You went a little far with this I have several friends that their kids ride the short bus and they are some of the brightest kids I know they just happen to have challenges in their lives and to imply that they are mentally challenged goes too far. I do not believe that this comment was called for and it seems to me if you can not poke fun without lashing out at other groups outside of our you should not post at all.

You went a little far with this I have several friends that their kids ride the short bus and they are some of the brightest kids I know they just happen to have challenges in their lives and to imply that they are mentally challenged goes too far. I do not believe that this comment was called for and it seems to me if you can not poke fun without lashing out at other groups outside of our you should not post at all.

You know Joe, you really need to get a sense of humor.. I'm starting to understand why Dan backed off from enjoying the fun here. Instead of taking things lightly and just having some light hearted fun, some seem to go to deep with jokes and get so easily offended.

I would never tease, or make fun of kids. This is an adult community. A few light jabs all in fun shouldn't be taken so serious....Geez..

Yes I tease 2nd Gens.. I have two friends that have them. I ride with guys that have Hondas, Suzukis Beemers... we tease each other all the time about our bikes. Faster, cooler, louder, most comforts, it doesn't matter... it is all in fun..

Lighten up man...

Don't need to it will break down soon enough and we can pass while you are trying to find parts,

Did a search on specs.... best I could find are :

1984 XVZ 1200 (http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/yamaha/yamaha_xvz1200td_l.htm)

97hp @7000 rpm (88.6hp @ rear tire)

max torque - 10.4 kg-m @ 5000 rpm

standing 1/4 mile - 12.6 sec / 165.0 km/h

top speed - 198.7 km/h

2001/2012 XVZ 1300 (http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/yamaha/yamaha_r.s.t%20venture%20s%2012.htm and http://motoprofi.com/motospecspictures/yamaha/xvz_1300_tf_royal_star_venture-2001.html and http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikereviews/searchresults/Bike-Reviews/Yamaha/Yamaha-XVZ1300A-Royal-Star-1996-2001-/

95.00 HP (69.3 kW) at 6000 RPM

max torque - 119.00 Nm (87.5 ft*lbs) at 4500 RPM, 111.8 Nm @ 3500 rpm

standing 1/4 mile - 15.1 sec

0-100km/hr - 5.8 seconds (0-60mph 5.5 seconds)

top speed 185 km/h

Did another search and majority of the articles on 2nd Gens are for accessories, chrome, personalization. Same search on 1st Gens are "looking for parts", "worn out", "cracks".

Granted from the specs that the 1st Gen was faster... but I've said it before and I'll say it again.... at least my bike was made in this millenium !!!!

You know Joe, you really need to get a sense of humor.. I'm starting to understand why Dan backed off from enjoying the fun here. Instead of taking things lightly and just having some light hearted fun, some seem to go to deep with jokes and get so easily offended.

I would never tease, or make fun of kids. This is an adult community. A few light jabs all in fun shouldn't be taken so serious....Geez..

Yes I tease 2nd Gens.. I have two friends that have them. I ride with guys that have Hondas, Suzukis Beemers... we tease each other all the time about our bikes. Faster, cooler, louder, most comforts, it doesn't matter... it is all in fun..

Lighten up man...

I have a fairly warped sense of humor but your comment touched a little too close to home, I don't mind the picking on each other but kids, parents and the military are off limits in my book. Lighthearted is fine but I think you get a little carried away at times, If you wold like to chat give me a shout probably should not have expressed my comments here too much of a downer.