IGNORED

Need 1st Gen Radiator tube with the bypass valve in it !!

I need the metal tube from the thermostat housing that has the bypass valve in it.

The interface on the RSV/Hybrid 1st gen motor to 2nd gen cooling system is in the MvGyvering process. I am going to keep both the 1st gen & RSV thermostat housings on bike, but only have a thermostat in RSV housing. I need to do this to get the water pump hooked up to the lower radiator outlet. Plumbing is different between the two. Where the line enters the water pump is not going to accept the RSV water line, so I have to use the plastic elbow from a 1st gen, which is locked in place by the thermostat housing.

This tube will be cut off between the selector valve & the thermostat housing and brazed shut. I need to do this to block off this port on the 1st gen thermostat housing.

Out of all the parts I have, I can't find this one.

Gary

Gary,

Are you talking about the tube on the upper right side of the bike that the sensor for the temp gauge fits into? If you are I believe I have one on the '85 parts bike I have here. Let me know and I'll double check to be sure I do have it.

Gary,

Are you talking about the tube on the upper right side of the bike that the sensor for the temp gauge fits into? If you are I believe I have one on the '85 parts bike I have here. Let me know and I'll double check to be sure I do have it.

No, it's the one on bottom, under starter, that has the bypass valve in it. Tube passes to left side of bike, where a rubber hose connects and runs up frame member and hooks into radiator on top left.

Gary

No, it's the one on bottom, under starter, that has the bypass valve in it. Tube passes to left side of bike, where a rubber hose connects and runs up frame member and hooks into radiator on top left.

Gary

Ok,

Now I know what you want, I believe I have one, but let me double check...