IGNORED

Gotsa me'a carbeurationy crisisss (say it aint so)

Hello All,

First I have searched to no avail for Gen II carb diaphragm replacement vendors or fixes. Found the thread to spray on rubber stuff:think: for a temp fix. While taking apart carbs on my 99 RSV to clean today, I may have put the carb slider cap on a TAD wrong, to say the diaphragm was pinched and a small hole is now in the material at the bend where it seats on carb body. It may have already been there, not for sure.... ANYWAY I need one. Help? Man those carbs were dirty..... Thank you in advance...Looking for new one. Directions?

Also, the fuel mixture screws are obviously not set the same. Inside the throat of the carb body where the screw (or hole) is present, One is thru enough to cut yourself on, while the others are barely or not at all... I am not a carb expert. Directions to setting these properly?

Thanks, James:bowdown:

Edited by deepforkriver

The mixture screws won't be set the same. This is normal. Your best bet is to reassemble them in the same position they were and start tuning from there. The actual tuning is fairly involved and will require a color tune plug, digital tachometer or gas analyzer to be successful. The method will depend on the tool you use.

Gas analyzers are expensive and a color tune is difficult to use on the Venture. I'd go with a digital tachometer. After synchronizing the carburetors set the idle speed to 1000 rpm. Tweak one screw to maximize the RPM. Reset the idle speed to 1000 and repeat for the next mixture screw. etc. etc. If you want to be really anal about it you can then re-synchronize and repeat the process again.

I'm not aware of any source for 2nd gen diaphragms other than throwing lots of $$ at Yamaha for a slider assembly.

Edited by MiCarl