IGNORED

LED turn signal help

OK guys, I need some expert electrical help. For Christmas I bought LED turn signal inserts from Custome Dynamics. I already had the Run-Stop-turn from Kuryakyn for the back so the rear hooked up and worked perfectly. The front are another story. I also bought the load equalizer and diode kit from Kuryakyn. Both installed easily. Here are the problems. The turn indicator is always on when I connect the diode to ground acording to the instructions. The front lights come on as running lights but they go out and dont flash when I select either turn. At the same time the rear flash fast. If I remove the diode and reinstall the original front bulbs the rear LED lights flash normal. I read and followed all the instructions (maybe my first problem). Is ther something I'm missing or is my wiring different? Any help or possible solutions will be entertained.:fingers-crossed-emo

:detective: I did some more investigating and found that the sockets on the front turn signals for my 96 are wired oposite from the LEDs. I opened the headlight bucket and switched the wires. With the diode NOT installed everything works. All the lights still flash fast but they come one when they are suposed to and flash when selected. Even though I have a single turn indicator on the dash the diode doesn't seem to be necessary. I suspect that my flasher relay needs to be replaced to match the LEDs. That should slow down the flash speed. I can live with it until I find a suitable replacement.:thumbsup2: