IGNORED

Looky what Santa dropped

ragtop69gs

I enjoy my GoPro. I don't use it a lot, just on select rides. I don't know why but for some reason it sections the video into more than one file. ie...when I view the video on my computer, it will be in four files. View the first, then click on the next to continue viewing the ride, then click on the next and then the next. I don't know why it does not make just one long file video. I'm guessing it has something to do with storing file sizes. I use a 16ghz card.

Nice gift. Santa didn't bring me one so probably going to have to get my own. Could of used it on the last ride I took for evidence. ;-(

Larry

Funny you should say that, that was the first thing we said when I opened it.

I enjoy my GoPro. I don't use it a lot, just on select rides. I don't know why but for some reason it sections the video into more than one file. ie...when I view the video on my computer, it will be in four files. View the first, then click on the next to continue viewing the ride, then click on the next and then the next. I don't know why it does not make just one long file video. I'm guessing it has something to do with storing file sizes. I use a 16ghz card.

How and where do you mount the camera ? A few pictures would be helpful. This one came with a 16 GB card also.

I also have a Go pro. Someone on Ebay sell a complete set of accessiores ? for the camera. I put the helmet mount on a second helmet , try not to use a bike/handlebar as it viberates the camera a lot. Watch some Youtube where the cameras are mounted on helmets or handlebars and make your own choice.

Cb

looks like i will be reinstalling somethings on this computer as it seems to be locking up a lot lately... Oh well...

helmet mount location, although probably the best location as far as vibration is concerned just looks funny to me.:confused24: I had a camcorder with an invideo port along with a pencil cam and you wouldnt believe all the ribbing that created.

As with skiing the best thing to do is include people you know and it will be make the video interesting. just going down a hill gets boring after a while.

Your not going to be in the shot unless you have a good mounting system that allows you to trade off with the other bikes in your group.

I'm sure this group has a few with these cams...

Would be interesting to hear their views on what they found they liked as far as mounting and logic behind it...

Edited by CaptainJoe

I used one of the Snagglestuds on the crashbars for a lower mount with my Drift 170. Pretty decent mounting place for a different view point. I can swivel the mount from forward to all angles and the rear. A little vibration at idle but pretty smooth at higher RPMs.

I tried all kinds of ways of mounting for a higher view point. I ended up making an angle bracket out of aluminum and mounted it on the upper edge of the fairing where the mirror bolts on. You can see in the pics I've made some mods in that area already. Not the same as a 2nd gen but an idea for the area. Maybe something off the mirrors mounting point on yours?

A friend of mine bought one of those lipstick style cameras and stuck it on his helmet. He didn't like as he was never sure what was going to be the center of the shot. Fixed him right up. Mounted a laser rifle sight next to it and centered the camera on the laser at about 100 ft. Talk about taking some flack!!! He didn't keep it that way very long.

Mike

Edited by Snaggletooth

My first video was on the "Dragon". It worked out great.. ran into a guy at a pull of on the road to the Dragon and he set it up for me and we mounted it on my half helmet. Since then I have used it to record a picnic our motorcycle group had last summer and I recorded all my kids, grand kids and the rest of the family on Christmas day at the house... just set it on a shelf and let it run.. it has worked great for everything.

On the file size: Geez! I shoulda known that. I've been 'putering since 1970 on a Univac 1004!

I use a Ram Mount mounting arrangement to mount the GoPro and another for the GPS. I have the shortest post they have to avoid vibration. Still I get a bit of vibration, but oddly it doesn't distract as much when viewing as it looks like it might when we're riding.

Our STAR chapter president's daughter uses the helmet mount (looks really clunky and fragile to me), but they did 23 states in 16 days to attend STAR days near Reno this year and the videos they posted were superb! No vibration on the helmet mount but if you turn your head (I do tend to "lollygag" when riding) that is a bit disconcerting for a second or two when you are watching the video.

A helmet mount probably wouldn't work for me then, I tend to take in all the scenery around me, always looking at something. I'll most likely use one of the snagglebolts for rear facing shots and a ram mount for forward shots.

I'm going to get a few extra batteries too. Any suggestions on an inexpensive seller ?