IGNORED

RSTD Midnight model

David Hall

Not sure where to put this question on the forum sorry I am wondering if the 2006 TSD I am looking at is a Midnight version have only pictures to go by and don't know what questioins to ask to verify if it is a midnight..all I know is that it is a black 2006 and looking at the history section appears that would mean it is a midnight model...??? Any suggestions on how to pin down the ident.??

David,

This is a stock 2006 Midnight RSTD.

I think 2006 had a Midnight, a white and a red/black (can't swear to the black/red).

I have the below bike,,,, BUY IT if decent shape and price.

I had a Midnight Road Star, seems like it said Midnight on the speedo.

But I just looked all over mine and don't see the name other than Tour Deluxe on the saddlebags and Royal Star on the tank sides.

The model number on my registration says XVZBCTMV,,,, if that helps(?).

Mike G in SC

http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2006models/2006-Yamaha-RoyalStarTourDeluxeb.jpg&sa=X&ei=F0raUJTdNui10AGJ4YDoBA&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNE1g7QMca_Ybw9eiRU6D4mXpkGpKg

Edited by Mike G in SC

David,

Yes, I see the bike pic. You may be seeing the RED X.

You can Google to see how to get rid of it (security setting?), but maybe click this link.

It should be the top left picture.

http://www.google.com/search?q=2006+royal+star+tour+deluxe+colors&hl=en&tbo=u&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&rlz=1I7PRFB_enUS502&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=j9naUKe_K4rE0AHZ3IGIBA&ved=0CDIQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=930

Mike G

PS: The Road Star was a great bike I put 54K miles on it. When I first rode the RSTD, I thought it was a boat for the first day,,, but real quick it turned into my favorite.

Yeah, you're going to really like the RSTD and pray they never drop the V4. And, that must be a Midnight you're looking at.

Later you may want to keep an eye out for a used Ultimate Seat set.

Edited by Mike G in SC

Turns out the one I am closing in on has had the exhaust changed to Road King and the stock comes along with it. Do you know if the Road King exhaust affects the fuel mixture tothe extent that it needs to be rejetted? Also, anyone tried the Road King exhaust for loud and quality of sound? Apparently the bike is stock mechanical other than for the RK pipes.

Thanks as usual for the good info..sure adds to the fun of shopping in this case and biking in general.

I purchased a set of harley pipes from someone on the forum a few years ago. I did not rejet the bike and found not problems. My bike is lowered and the pipes dragged sometimes because the are bigger. they do have a very nice throaty ? sound. A friend purchased a Venture last year with straight pipes and he really like the sound of the Harley pipes so I sold them to him and put the stock pipes back on.

Cb

David, a bunch of us have the RK mufflers of one sort or another on either the RSV or RSTD. Under throttle they are a little louder as has been mentioned but at sustained highway type driving if they are louder its not all that noticable. Nice sound, I still have the stock ones and its easiy enough to go back and forth if you want. My RSV is lowered in the front and so far I havent drug the HD cans, maybe I'm to chicken to get it that far over. :whistling: I have not heard of anyone needing to rejet due to just changing mufflers. A carb sync may be in the future though. Pretty easy job if you got the right tools I hear. :080402gudl_prv: :worthless:

I have the Baron's 4-2-4 on my RSTD and it is loud. After a 4+ hour ride, when I get home it takes a half hour for hearing to get back to normal. But darn, they sound great with the V4. But the RSTD is my solo, local ride.

My RSV is my toruing bike, but the stock is too quite and lets you hear too much sewing machine. I tried a few sets of mufflers (Khromewerks, Baron's) that were too loud for touring. I also listened to a few that others like, louder than I want.

So, I got a set of 1995 RK mufflers (no cat conveter), from this forum. These are really great for what I want for touring. I can go all day with no hearing issues but still sounds great.

Someone on e-Bay sells some chrome clamps on E-Bay for $36 that work great with them.

Oh, no rejet if you are only replacing the mufflers. Might be different if you replaced pipes too.

Mike G.

I bought a new 08 RSTD last Aug, Only made one trip, Seattle to Los Angeles and back, and the bike allready has 9000 miles on it. Don't know where all the extra miles came from ????

Darn thing just won't stay in the garage !!!! :confused24::confused24: :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling: