IGNORED

Stock Pillow Seats?

I have a '99 venture with the standard smooth seats. I have ridden up to 400 miles with minimal discomfort. I bought a set of pillow seats and installed along with pillow backrest. I want the Mrs. as comfortable as possible. Are these as comfortable as they look and are they hot in the summer? I weigh around 150lbs. Thanks to all and have a Merry CHRISTmas!!:)

I have done over 600 in a day solo. In Oct the wife and I made 425 miles and no complaints. I dont notice it being any hotter than any other black motorcycle seat. I was thinking about the sheepskin thing this summer when it was 100deg though. The wife calls it the bark-o-lounger seat

2007 midnight venture

My wife and I have ridden to several star days events like Billings Montana from northern NY it was hot and there was some discomfort from being nestled so comfortable in black plastic. Did have to buy a seat belt on the Montana trip as the wife kept falling asleep.. Likewise the Chattanoga trip temps over 100, humid. The seats can get hot and sticky, I think I still have an imprint of the seams in my underware on my butt, but again by far the most comfortable stock seats you will find. far more comfortable than the ones on my goldwing

Al

Never noticed "Hot in summer" on the pillow top RSV, neither has wife.

I did on my Road Star,,, hot pizza hot.

But come to think (it's winter now, forgot about HOT), in the summer, if I do go into a restaurant I may throw a towel out of my saddle bags over the seat, or even the helmet helps some.

As for a l-o-n-g ride, l did buy a Harley D waffle seat pad for a straight thru 1000 mile ride last fall. 18 hours later, just fine.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/media/images/productphotos/PNA/51076_09_M_250d4.jpg

Size large fits RSV

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448774082&default=none

But come to think (it's winter now, forgot about HOT), in the summer, if I do go into a restaurant I may throw a towel out of my saddle bags over the seat, or even the helmet helps some.

As for a l-o-n-g ride, l did buy a Harley D waffle seat pad for a straight thru 1000 mile ride last fall. 18 hours later, just fine.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/media/images/productphotos/PNA/51076_09_M_250d4.jpg

Size large fits RSV

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448774082&default=none

I have a couple friends who have these on there HD's and they swear it's like A/C. Do they fit the RSV good and can you hide the HD logo ? Wouldn't want anyone to think I was a wanna-be :stirthepot:

We bought two of these Gel seat type cushions on sale for $10 each and put them on top of our pillow top seats.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/VehicleAccessories/SeatCushions/PRDOVR~0321419P/Gel+Seat+Cushion.jsp?locale=en

They work great. We also have sheep skins but find the Gel types to be much better. Seem to be cooler than the pillow top by itself or with sheep skin. I have seen them at Walmart as well for around $20. They also dry out quickly if they get wet.

I have a couple friends who have these on there HD's and they swear it's like A/C. Do they fit the RSV good and can you hide the HD logo ? Wouldn't want anyone to think I was a wanna-be :stirthepot:

I'd give it a 95%,,, good beat, easy to dance to!

Oh, that's a 95% fit on the RSV. It has a front strap that you put under the front of the seat so it stays. But the back Velcro at the tail end is useless as there is nothing to hook to on the RSV. But it has a semi-rubber backing and stays in place. The size of the "large" is just perfect for the RSV pillow front seat, and probably any Star seat. But, it is obvious that it is a pad and not one with the seat.

As for the HD logo, that's real small, same color black and barely visable. It's on the back of the seat where your tail bone would be,,, so,, someone would have to be looking mighty close. I only leave it on there if my butt is on it anyhow.

So, my RSV has HD mufflers and a HD cush and a HD air pump. But, I don't wanna-be, and I don't worry-be. I just be.

Mike G.

I wear Harley boots so I don't care if anybody knows. I've had two different Harley bikes...just not comfortable enough for me at this season in my life. Thanks:301:

Here you go Wayne,

The pillowtop seats are my favorite seat to rework:

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3738&title=butt-butler-seat-mod&cat=25

Rick

Rick, I'm awaiting another set of pillow top seats I have ordered. When they arrive I will be sending them to you following your instruction on post. Thank you!!:)

• 1 year later...
I have a '99 venture with the standard smooth seats. I have ridden up to 400 miles with minimal discomfort. I bought a set of pillow seats and installed along with pillow backrest. I want the Mrs. as comfortable as possible. Are these as comfortable as they look and are they hot in the summer? I weigh around 150lbs. Thanks to all and have a Merry CHRISTmas!!:)

Where did you buy your pillowtops?