IGNORED

Wateringhole

CaptainJoe

Is there a list of words that are currently "Off limits" for subects in the wateringhole?

I know politics are off limits... but what else?

99.99999 percent of my theads have been Motorcycle related.

There have been many non-motorcycle related threads on this forum.

My fear is that a very few here, are going to go out of their way, to get threads deleted they don't like.

thanks in advance Joe

Thanks Black Owl,

Next question... would it be possible to include an option when your creating a thread that only enabled responces thru PM's?

Think that would solve a lot of recent? problems....

Plus the mods could still delete it if they thought it was breaking any rules.

Edited by CaptainJoe
fat fingers

I would think that anything that fires up strong emotions if there are conflicting opinions is off limits..such as politics, religion, the "rights" of one group over another or nationalism.

Of course to keep it "G-rated" so no dirty jokes or foul language.

It would be nice if we could debate "hot button" topics...but Freebird said it very well when he said discussion of such issues will not change anybody's mind.

But it would digress to a base level that would be ugly to see and would accomplish nothing other than to pit one faction against the other.

...so why allow it?

We HAVE seen it happen here...and I'd rather stay amicable with you all than to stir up contentions because of my strong religious beliefs, or my lack of political views or stand on gun control are different than yours.

Besides....your opinion, if different than mine, is obviously wrong!:whistling:

I would think that anything that fires up strong emotions if there are conflicting opinions is off limits..such as politics, religion, the "rights" of one group over another or nationalism.

Of course to keep it "G-rated" so no dirty jokes or foul language.

It would be nice if we could debate "hot button" topics...but Freebird said it very well when he said discussion of such issues will not change anybody's mind.

But it would digress to a base level that would be ugly to see and would accomplish nothing other than to pit one faction against the other.

...so why allow it?

We HAVE seen it happen here...and I'd rather stay amicable with you all than to stir up contentions because of my strong religious beliefs, or my lack of political views or stand on gun control are different than yours.

Besides....your opinion, if different than mine, is obviously wrong!:whistling:

Ha,

Wrong again my friend.:backinmyday:

As far as changing anyones opinion, I'm not trying to.

Just trying to have a discussion with a group i feel i have a lot in common with.

Chat room discussion has been known for its openess so perhaps thats the next step.

however, one has to be able to notify people of like mind that there could be a chat.

The nice thing about chat rooms is if you dont like the discussion... there are three other rooms to choose from.

(well actually two... them dang international planners are hogging one up...LOL)

and of course what are you gonna do if the wommen are talking about baking cookies? In their chat room? Report it to a moderater? :whistling:

Hey Joe. Have you noticed I don't log on here much anymore. Maybe now you can understand why. Just not worth it and anybody that doesn't like that can stick it in their ear. Ban me deleate my posts or whatever I don't give a rats behind. I do have friends on here but not as many as I thought. Good luck Buddy.

Just my opinion.

Hey Joe. Have you noticed I don't log on here much anymore. Maybe now you can understand why. Just not worth it and anybody that doesn't like that can stick it in their ear. Ban me deleate my posts or whatever I don't give a rats behind. I do have friends on here but not as many as I thought. Good luck Buddy.

Just my opinion.

Dan,

I won't let anyone get me down.

Anyones opinion here besides Freebirds of course, is just that. Even I had a post or two deleted, but, it was rightfully so.

So... your in good company.

And your human...

Hey

Was wondering how you made out with the surgery and all?

Heck Dan, you are one of the people that I come on here for. Just because you said something you should not have said and it got deleted does not mean you should not come on here because that means you are punishing me and I don't think that is fair.

BTW, was it you that bought the 2nd gen transmission off Ebay the last day or so?

RandyA

Every now and then I take a hiatus from this site. It seems to run pretty fluidly every time I come back. Step softly and posts run with no complications. I too have been reminded by the supreme ones to remember that whenever we post it is everywhere to be perused by everyone. Although I don't come to many functions I still like and can have meaningful and often enjoyable conversations with this global bunch. The names come {which is good} and go {which is never good but inevitable} but the banter is priceless.:thumbsup2: Now 4...3...2...1...POOF if you want.:icon_lurker::D

Dan, you shouldn't let it get to you. I think if you don't have a friendly following here, just look at your never ending garage build thread. You would see that the few that are jealous of your collection of 1st Gens are just that, "few.."

You have left me here to battle with the 2nd Gens without you having my back. I know statistically it takes like 4,763 2nd Gens to battle wits with one 1st Gen... but it does get tiring doing it alone.

I think I have pis.... I mean ...ticked of one or two here with my kidding and joking, but all I did was send a letter to Santa asking him to give them a sense of humor for CHRISTmas. :sun:

Just think... in a few years when all the 2nd Gens have out lived their time usefulness and have become boat anchors... they will be begging us 1st Genners to sell one of our multiple dream machines to them...

Merry CHRISTmas my friend.