IGNORED

F6B...all that and a bag of chips

Miles

Went to the Seattle version of the International Bike Show today, got there before they opened at 9:30 am. Looked all around, saw some bikes, and...saw the new Honda F6B.

They only had the all Black one, which is the one I want. Turns out...according the "most" of the Honda reps there (and I found out that they did not know all the facts of life) that the Black bike only comes as the standard model F6B. And the Red/Black bike only comes as the Deluxe model F6B. That is stupid on Honda's part. There are items on the Deluxe model that I want...but I don't want the Red/Black bike. So, I guess I will have to buy a standard model, all Black, and then add the items I want...that Honda is too stupid to offer as a Black Deluxe model. As per the Honda motorcycles website, the standard model will be available in BOTH colors, and the deluxe will be available in both colors...hmmm.

But, having said that...the bike is thee BOMB, Man ! I love the all blacked out effects, and the cruiser art-deco styling of this bike. Having owned 3 Goldwing 1800's before, this is a nice departure from the stale Goldwing.

And...Honda has opened up ordering starting now. They are taking orders, and first deliveries should be by end of February, or first week in March at the latest.

I can foresee a new bike in my future. :cool10:

Edited by Miles

We can only get the black one in Canada according to the reps I spoke to at last weeks bike show in Toronto.

As for the CB1100A we can only get the white one as the red is only available in the USA. Go figure????

I love the wing in black but need the extras (back rest etc) for touring with the wife so I will wait till next year and see what they offer.

Its all plastic pieces rite? Order the deluxe and swap out the plastic side covers etc. Some times it makes no sense how these manufactures do things. I guess limiting the color saves money somehow. Or maybe the color alone will be enough to sway someone to buy the more expensive bike.

• 3 months later...
Went to the Seattle version of the International Bike Show today, got there before they opened at 9:30 am. Looked all around, saw some bikes, and...saw the new Honda F6B.

But, having said that...the bike is thee BOMB, Man ! I love the all blacked out effects, and the cruiser art-deco styling of this bike. Having owned 3 Goldwing 1800's before, this is a nice departure from the stale Goldwing.

I can foresee a new bike in my future. :cool10:

As a follow up to this previous discussion...I did in fact go out today, 4/6/13, and buy a brand new, all black...standard model of the 2013 Honda F6B Sport Cruiser.

Rode it home about 90 minutes ago, in the rain, about 125 miles from the dealer to my house.

YES...darn it...pictures WILL be posted tomorrow. It is night time here now, and rather than take pictures at this hour, I will take them in the morning, and post them, with haste.

:backinmyday:

Guest tx2sturgis

Cool beans!

I'm not sure whether I'd rather have the bike, or the rain! We NEED rain here VERY badly.

?

!

??

Damn the drought...I'll take a black F6B!

:smile5:

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by tx2sturgis

Cool beans!

I'm not sure whether I'd rather have the bike, or the rain! We NEED rain here VERY badly.

?

!

??

Damn the drought...I'll take a black F6B!

:smile5:

They speeded the film up alot for effect. Had three GoldWings just didn't like the straight-up seating position with the motor infront of my feet. I like a more relaxed seating position especially on a cursier, which the F6B is marketed for. To each his own, thats why they have Harleys and Yamhas.:whistling: