IGNORED

Site sending information to Google ?

etcswjoe

Does anyone know why a TCP packet is sent to Google every time I use the site?

TCP Packet - Source:192.168.0.2,3039 Destination:gh-in-f155.1e100.net,80 The Destination is Google in Mountain View Ca.

It may just be because of the revolving ads:

Edited by etcswjoe

Does anyone know why a TCP packet is sent to Google every time I use the site?

TCP Packet - Source:192.168.0.2,3039 Destination:gh-in-f155.1e100.net,80 The Destination is Google in Mountain View Ca.

Hi - no worries.

I'm certain the script for the banner at top is calling to googleapis.com. (no danger)

Doubleclick.net also is present in scripts - I have that disabled in my browser.

For knowledgeable people, I recommend browsing with Firefox & the "NoScripts" addon installed.

You will then have control of what scripts are run when you go to a web page. This is not for the timid.

You will have to enable needed safe scripts yourself for every site you use. Once done, it will remember.

It will give you ultimate protection & safety with a little setup effort.

Remember - NOT FOR NOVICE.

JohnB

Did not know about that plugin will have to give it a shot. Thanks John :thumbsup:

Hi - no worries.

I'm certain the script for the banner at top is calling to googleapis.com. (no danger)

Doubleclick.net also is present in scripts - I have that disabled in my browser.

For knowledgeable people, I recommend browsing with Firefox & the "NoScripts" addon installed.

You will then have control of what scripts are run when you go to a web page. This is not for the timid.

You will have to enable needed safe scripts yourself for every site you use. Once done, it will remember.

It will give you ultimate protection & safety with a little setup effort.

Remember - NOT FOR NOVICE.

JohnB

It is most likely the VBSEO plugin that I use to generate site maps. It sends info to Google for search engine placement. The ads at the top have nothing to do with Google. It could also be the Google ads that run on the left/bottom of the forum though.

Either way, there is nothing malicious.