IGNORED

$21,000 Yamaha

Owen

Yea one of my first thoughts was how about the warrenty? Also being it is "new never registered" will Yamaha finance it? How about your credit union? Will they give you the "new bike" low rate? Ad the guy that wrote this article said

selling for $21,000, surely a record price for a Yamaha RD400F – or any Yamaha, for that matter

Obiously he has not priced a new RSV. All joking aside, that is quite a find. I have heard stories about simular Harleys that shops went out of bussiness back like before the bowling ball company bought them.

Yea one of my first thoughts was how about the warrenty? Also being it is "new never registered" will Yamaha finance it? How about your credit union? Will they give you the "new bike" low rate? Ad the guy that wrote this article said

Obiously he has not priced a

new RSV. All joking aside, that is quite a find. I have heard stories about simular Harleys that shops went out of bussiness back like before the bowling ball company bought them.

I've noticed when people spend money in that manner do not need financing nor do they care about a warranty. They bought it just because they wanted it, we've all done it but I've not done it to that extreme. Probably a collector -

Well I know why the dealer finally sold it, they went out of business last year. Was a good dealership and they were around a long time. Unfortunately for them they expanded right before the economy tanked.

So basically don't matter if they could get a warranty the dealer isn't in business anymore anyway.

Margaret

But the warranty should be good at any dealer, not just the one you buy the bike from. Although you may some looks when you come in with a '79 bike and ask for warranty work.

I got some interesting looks a couple of years ago when I took my 91 Firechicken in for warranty work.

What's so special about it? I would like to find a 1st Gen still in the crate.

That little bike was a screamer. Capitol S. And with very little work and very little money it really rocked. Light switch 2 stroke. Handled OK too. Small, light, pull the front end across a parking lot. :thumbsup:

When I was a kid a buddy had one. He had a bike, but no car. I had a car and no bike. Yeah, we traded a lot.

Another bud had a 350 at about the same time. Near every time we left his house it was pretty much guaranteed that Bruce would pass you on the back wheel and just continue to ride it.

Yeah, I would love to ride one again.