IGNORED

help your trucks rough ride

bj66

Thought I'd pass along a helpful product that I came across. I just bought a Dodge Ram 2500 truck. Needless to say the ride is on the rough side. I had a few friends who put these different spring shackles on the back of their heavy duty trucks. The name of the rubber spring/shackles is called Sulastic. I put about 100 miles on the new truck, and it really chattered on less than perfect roads. After putting them on, I drove another 50 miles down some rough snowpacked roads. There is a very noticeable improvement. It says on their website that it wont affect warranties, and or load/towing capacities either. I dont work for the company etc. Just thought I'd pass along something that appears to be a good deal. I think I paid about 380 bucks for the set, plus about 100 to have em installed. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Heres a link

https://www.sulastic.com/

Hello Bernie: Thanks for sharing. I purchased an 06 Dogde Ram 1500 1/2 ton Crewcab 4X4 with 60K miles a few years ago. My wife really liked it and pushed for us to purchase it. After owning it for a while I noticed the truck wants to turn sideways on every little bump in the road. 20 inch tires and stock 10 ply tires probably do not help. I had the front shocks replaced. No improvement. I like the truck with the one exception about the ride. The truck has good ground clearance, very powerful and fast. Pulls my 16' enclosed trailer like a dream. We do not drive the truck much, it sits all week and occasionlly moves on the weekends. I have been considering trading for another pickup do to the ride. But maybe this product you discovered would make a difference?....Mark

I think it would help soften up your truck Mark. I had a few 1/2 ton dodges in the past, and I know what your talking about. Could be worth a try. In my own experience I know I have spent more money on stuff more foolishly than this.

I read some info online about these things on some of the other forums. Most people that try them seem to like them. But the big thing for me was that I have 3 neighbors (farmers) that use their trucks with bumper pull seed tenders, and 5th wheel trailers. All 3 like them and say they help. Good enough for me. I should add to this that the neighbors run 3/4 tons. They say that their is no difference in what they can pull, and that the ride when empty/normal is much better. Also, one drives a chevy, one a ford, and one a dodge. Dont know why it wouldnt help a 1/2 ton.

I'm curious how this DOESN'T affect the towing capacity of the truck as you're basically replacing a hard-point on the truck (shackle) with one that now flexes. Seems like softening up the ride like that would just make towing anything substantial a white knuckle experience by allowing more bounce and possibly sway.