IGNORED

RSV Center Stand

rougeray

I have read some old posts about center stands but nothing lately. I found this site that sells a stand but they claim it only works on models 99-06. Of course I have a 07. I’m going to give them a call tomorrow and see if that may a misprint as I would think they would all be the same. Does anyone have some feedback on the subject?

http://www.buckeyeperformance.com/products.htm

Yes, the center stand that Buckeye Performance sells is in fact made by/for Rivco.

BUT...

I have personally talked to Rick at Buckeye Performance on this subject, and he has no plans to offer any other centerstand at this time, as the one from Rivco is out of production...at this time.

I have personally talked to Rivco about them making more centerstands, and their stance is...if you want a centerstand for your RSV or RSTD, then submit your name onto their list...and "IF" they get enough interest in ordering more stands, then they will contact each potential buyer on the list, take deposits from the buyers, and then make some. But the price is going to be at least $ 395.00 + per stand.

So, for right this minute, Rivco is not making any centerstands, and none are available.

And, oh BTW, the only stands they will make, "IF" they make stands again, will be the Chrome ones. Black is not available.

If anyone on this forum has a centerstand they want to sell, once I can paint Black or have powder-coated Black, then I am willing to pay for it.

WHY in the world would anyone want a chrome centerstand ???? This is not a parking lot show bike to look pretty. These are riding bikes.

There is a fellow on facebook trying to sell a new never installed rivco for $200.00

On the royal star venture and tour deluxe owners site

I would love to know where, as I cannot find it. I am not on Facebook, and cannot find it on the VR classifieds.

Can you tell me where, or show me the link, or have the seller contact me?

I have the Rivco on my 07 RSTD. I love it.

I caught Rivco at Bikes Blues and BBQ and they installed it for me their at the show.

I hate to hear that they aren't keeping them in stock. Of the $2500.00+ of accessories that I have bought and installed on my RSTD, I would consider the center stand right up there with my Ultimate Seat as the best purchase I've made for the bike.

Does the Rivco Drag in the turns ? I had a first gen on mine and it would drag way before any other part of the bike so I took it off.

I've never experienced the center stand dragging. I have dragged my floor boards on a number of occasions, but not the center stand.

Does the Rivco Drag in the turns ? I had a first gen on mine and it would drag way before any other part of the bike so I took it off.

The Rivco mounts a little off center to the right. I did occasionally have the right peg drag a little. Due to small bumps or dips on the road during a leaning right turn. This worried me because the way the shoe is welded to the peg I was afraid it could hook something and anchor the bike. So I took a grinder and took the outer lip off of the shoe. Making the arm and shoe smooth on the outside. Now it could drag but it won't hook anything. In fact I have not felt it drag since making this minor mod.

Mike

Hey, Buck Roy, I am willing to relinguish the purchase of the centerstand to you, as I now have other plans. I assume that you too have received the seller's contact info, so...please...contact the seller and get that centerstand.

I am going forward with my original plans to add a sidecar to my RSMTD, and would only have use of a bike centerstand for less than a year. Once I add the Champion Legend sidecar, I would have no use for the bike centerstand.

So, Buck Roy, go for it.:)