IGNORED

Wanting to learn about my venture

Hello everyone :)

I am interested in learning more about my 2003 venture which was recently purchased. I have ridden a total of 30 miles on it, but has 24xxx. I am confused and concerned about things such as the lowering kit, how it's on and any advice on what to look for. Was there any adjustments on the front end? Tires, brakes, electrical etc. the shop says all is good, but I feel weird not knowing much. I live in spring hill, and some that were on the left coast have expired memberships. I am willing to ride down and meet with anyone who is available and willing to show this newbie about RSV. Perhaps anyone in the Tampa / St. Pete/, or anyone near hillsborough, pasco, Hernando, citrus, counties. Heck, I will even trek to Ocala.

There are some nice roads by me and some nice little beaches and bars / eateries if some want an excuse to ride this way ;)

I would appreciate all input and your time as well. No rush and perhaps there may be more free time after the holidays. I am open to suggestions. Thank you all.

Barrycuda. :confused24:

Barry welcome aboard. Lots of info around here on almost anything you care to know about your RSV. If your asking about lowering links I have to guess you would like the bike a bit lower to the ground? You can also lower the forks in the triple tree (which is what I did) and it sort of helps the heavy steering feel. I could probably take a ride one day after holidays and meet up for lunch if you want to meet half way or so. Have to see what the boss has in store first. :whistling:

Yeah, I would definitely welcome the luncheon. Lets touch base after the holidays. I would be glad to meet half way.

Barry welcome aboard. Lots of info around here on almost anything you care to know about your RSV. If your asking about lowering links I have to guess you would like the bike a bit lower to the ground? You can also lower the forks in the triple tree (which is what I did) and it sort of helps the heavy steering feel. I could probably take a ride one day after holidays and meet up for lunch if you want to meet half way or so. Have to see what the boss has in store first. :whistling:

:322::lightbulb:

Winston 66

I have just converted my 1996 Royal Star to an outrigger style trike conversion.

It is my own design and construction, has an independant style trailing arm type suspension (air over spring Shocks) and an antisway bar accross the back to give stability.I am running Pirelli 205/ 65/R15 94H tyres on the outriggers. Inflated to 20 lbs gives good results.

The system works extreemly well and is very stable at all speeds even up to120Klm Per hour (approx 70 Mph) I have not tried any higher speeds.

My question is this, I find that the ride is very stable but as so many have stated the handling is totally different a standard two wheeler, I find that at speed one realy has to put some effort into musseling the thing around when cornering.I dont find that this is such a detrimental thing ,but if anyone has any relevent experience in this regard I would like your opinion please.

For instance will adjusting Ie. lowering the front forks in the tripple trees,( I have yet to find out how to do this), Help with lessening the effort requires when cornering at speed.

Any tips or suggestions are most welcome and wanted.

Cheers to all,

Winston 66, Northampton Western Australia.

WhenI can figuer it out will post some pics.

:cool10::fingers-crossed-emo:lightbulb: