IGNORED

Fuel Leak - more like a drip

My '02 RSV seems to have developed a slight fuel leak. The leak is a slight drip coming from the end of an allen bolt. You can see the drop in the attached pic. What is the assembly that the bolt holds? Anybody have any idea of how to fix this? That assembly looks like a pain to remove!

Any help is much appreciated.

Hi ragtop and eusa - My bike sat for a long time and would barely start and idle and ran real bad. It could not be ridden. It also had fuel leaking out of the overflow lines. I had the carbs on an off at least a half dozen times. Finally got them cleaned out and the bike runs and idles great and no longer leaks through the overflows. I thought this leak was unrelated to all that. Turns out I was wrong and you guys were right. The carbs don't leak out of the overflow but I do see one leaking around one of the allen bolts that holds the bowl on. I am assuming a bad gasket. I replaced one when I did all the carb work. Looks like I'm going to have to replace another. Maybe I should just do 'em all while I've got the carbs off the bike again?

Thanks for the help.

Finally got around to replacing the other 3 float bowl carbs. After the gazillionth time having these carbs off the bike and back on, it finally runs like a top and not a single drip anywhere. Of course this was all caused from sitting. The bike is an '02 - 10 years old and it has 7,058 miles on the clock. Less than a thousand miles per year!!! Told the wife either we start riding it or I'm selling it! Thanks for the help guys.