I bought my 99 RSV in 2011 and the cb has not worked since I got it. When I push the cb button nothing happens. The rest of the system worked just fine until today when I went out to see if I could figure out what was wrong with it. I removed the CD player from the bracket and left it connected then I removed the trunk mounting screws, lifted the trunk and tilted it forward to get to the cb. Then I removed the cover and then unplugged and reconnected all of the connectors to the cb. Then I turned on the key and tried the cb button. The FM radio just kept on playing just like before. Then I pushed the channel up button and nothing happened, then I pushed the audio button and nothing happened. I tried all of the buttons and nothing happend. It just kept playing the same radio station that it was on when i first turned it on. The only thing that works is the volume and the display was showing the station it was on. Then I turned off the ignition the display went dark but continued to display the radio station for several seconds before it went blank. I turned on the ignition and the display lit up and it continued to play the same radio station as before only now the display is blank. There is still no response from any of the buttons but the volume still works. At least it is my favorite radio station. Can anyone tell me what the heck happened and how I can fix it.

I haven't had time to clean anything yet. I had to put it all back together. I have to go somewhere tonight and where I go the bike goes. The next time it is sitting still for a couple of hours I'll tear into it. I think it is supposed to rain soon. I should have some time then.

Thanks guys

Here is an update and a big thanks for the advice. I removed the seat and split the front fairing, cleaned and greased all of the connectors and now everything is working again including the cb which was what I was trying to fix in the first place. I may never use it but if it is there I want it to work.