IGNORED

Well we're home

mini-muffin

Wednesday we drove out to Greensboro NC, Muffin had to be at the hospital for 6 am and it's a 4 hr ride. His surgery started at 7:40 and lasted 2.5 hrs, then recovery about as long. Here's a pic of his foot all wrapped up pretty on the ride home yesterday. I have a few more pics I'll add just have to scan them. The doc gave them to me when he came out to chat after the surgery. Boy he was young looking. Jeff had DeNovo surgery, he had an accident at work in April it killed the cartilege in his ankle. The surgery uses donor tissue to replace what you've lost. The doc said it was more extensive then he thought. So Muffin is on his butt for about 6 wks, in 2 we got back to the docs office. So no bike riding for him, but it could have been worse. Just can't seem to convince him of that.

Anyway thought I'd let you all know. It's been a long year so far since this all started. Once this is all over he can go back to work. I'm really really looking forward to that day.

Margaret

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad everything went well for Jeff, If you need any of my old nurse's uniforms I can send you some. I can hem them if necessary.

Hope Jeff heals completely.

Yama Mama

Peggy

You re so on my list for this offer Mini is bad enough already she doesnt need any nurse uniforms to do the evil nurse thing with me

Jeff

These are the pics that the doc took during the surgery. The one with the metal looking thing in it is the tool he used to remove the old cartilage with. The pics after that one are the cartilage breaking apart to be removed.

Oh Painterman not much for you to have done. We went to Moses Cone's day surgery site. I spent the day sitting in the waiting area then the rest of the time was in the recovery area for night stays.

Margaret

Peggy

You re so on my list for this offer Mini is bad enough already she doesnt need any nurse uniforms to do the evil nurse thing with me

Jeff

That might depend on just how short Mama hems the nurse outfit.......:whistling:

But then that might inhibit your healing......:whistling::confused24:

Thanks for the offer of the uniform's Mama but I got my whips so I'm good. Haven't had to use them too much, YET!

Margaret

I still think that a "properly" hemmed nurse outfit even with the whips in hand would help the healing process. :whistling:

Yes at least pics would be required, video would be better.:duck:

So now an Evil nurse with whips. Hmmmm can I come over?:crackup::crackup::crackup:

You know how to get here. I got the whip and the cat-N-ninetails, you remember that the last time I used it on you don't ya David? :whistling:That's when you threatened to tell your wife on me. Just cause I left a little mark.

Sorry about the pics but this is a PG site now boys. :innocent:

Margaret

Glad the foot is dong as well as expected. As a therapist working in various settings, I can try to put in my 2 cents. Listen to doc, regarding weight bearing status, even if it feels better. You should not ignore any Physical therapy ( when you are allowed to go ) , where it will help speed up recovery and give you the ROM ( range of motion), proprioception, strength and proper ambulatory patten back as quick as possible.

Good luck and happy holidays....