IGNORED

Lower wind deflector

On my last road trip, my right lower wind deflector bracket broke on my 99 RSV. I didn't realize how well they work until I had to go without them. I've tried brazing and welding and now I am ready to just replace it. Does anyone have one laying around that you would be willing to part with or know where I can get one other than the Yamadealer.

• 3 months later...

My bike is missing both plastic deflectors. Both side brackets are there with all the hardware. I thought I had seen at one time that someone made their own deflectors out of aluminum diamond plate. Can anyone direct me to the thread? Can anyone supply me with a pattern or measurements so that I can cut my own out of diamond plate?

Does anyone have a picture of what the lower wind deflectors are supposed to look like? I have the clear plastic attached to the bottom of the ferring that flows with the shape of it, but man, my knees get blasted with wind. It seems like there should be more there to protect your legs.

Does anyone have a picture of what the lower wind deflectors are supposed to look like? I have the clear plastic attached to the bottom of the ferring that flows with the shape of it, but man, my knees get blasted with wind. It seems like there should be more there to protect your legs.

check in classifides. Buddy Riche kneee blockers

Keith

My 04 had some made out of aluminum and one broke so I made this set out of stainless steel and polished them to a nice shine, I don't think these will fail like my old ones! I also have the lower ones like Georgia mentioned and they are awesome!! My feet are warmer in the cold weather and cooler in hot weather. :cool10:http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o678/Milwayventure/67a777342c5364b3cf266917d55c3cbd_zps169cc44e.jpg

check in classifides. Buddy Riche kneee blockers

Keith

I got a set of replacement deflectors from Buddy Rich a couple of years ago.

Same size but the plex was thicker. Did not work with existing tiny bolts.

Buddy said go to a hardware store, find some longer.

Never got my round-to-it. But he did make them back then.

Love the knee-blockers!