IGNORED

Headset question

Wrench

I came into a set of JM headsets today and have a question. When I plug them in and switch them on the front works fine, but the rear h/s does not work and there is still sound coming from the REAR speakers, but at the same volume as the front headset. There is a mic mute installed, and the p.o. did have all the audio stuff apart when he changed out the original trunk that was cracked. I've tried everything that I can remember from my other Venture and nothing works or changes. Both headsets work in the front too, so I know they are both good. HELP!! :confused24:

Yeah, it bit me too!! Working fine now, got the Mic-Mute figured out too, which I can see being a very handy item, but I'm still getting sound out of the rear speakers. I don't remember my other Venture doing that, but we didn't use BOTH headsets but just a few times. Now, the story behind these,,,,,. I stopped by my dealer, Louisville Yamaha, after work Friday afternoon just to shoot the breeze with him. I tell him I've bought another Venture, (he bought my '04 last year), and after I tell him the story behind all that he starts digging around and comes out with these headsets. He hands them to me and tells me "MERRY CHRISTMAS", and for my wife to hurry and get healed up so she can ride with me. He said they were in the trunk of a Venture he traded for a few months back, and he knew that when he saw me that if I didn't need them that I'd know someone who did. He said he appreciated my loyalty and friendship, and the business I've sent his way. I just about fell off my stool, 'cause this is just so out of place for this guy.:shock3: Anyway, these are a little different than the others I had, these have the mic boom molded into the clamp that mounts them and the mic/boom is WAY bigger. Also, the speaker wiring is heavier, with no connections at the speakers, so I'm guessing these are a "newer" version? Thanks for helpin' out an old dog.