IGNORED

The Mother of all hen's teeth

Prairiehammer

Anyone have these Kriss Starsteps? Anyone ever seen them?

I happened on a pair, all grungy and over sprayed. Cleaned 'em up real nice. Mounted easily, but I'm wondering if there are some components missing. The footboard slants a little. Perhaps just a bit worn? Or maybe a bushing is needed on the cross bolt?

Muffinman and minnimuffin had a set on thier 1st gen.

Jeff knows more about them then I do. He showed me one day how they worked.

It would be nice to make them universal to fit different models and makes of bikes

just cause I seen it, The 2nd Gens, Crash bar can be bent with just a tug. a friend with a 2005, rolled into something, and then bent it back in place was a tug. I would not try to put weight on that and expect stability.:whistling:

Mike,

If your talking about the pegs on the rear of the 1st gen, they are a LOT more secure having a heavier mounting base and 3 contact points. I have seen those boards a few times and they are VERY stable, and VERY rare....:2cents:

Those would be NICE.

The stock passenger foot boards bite me like nastly little dogs when wife is on board and I come to a stop.

If someone is selling those,,, I would pay!

Mike G in SC

Mike,

Touring Motorcycle Accessories.com has a pair of these. The single photo shows what appears to be identical Starsteps, but TMA says that pair is for 1984-1987 GL1200 Goldwings. TMA has been known to mislabel some of their accessories. Perhaps you could contact them for positive identification.

http://www.touringcycleaccessories.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_22_110&products_id=583&zenid=9792506ea43cf22fc6b95b41c329f4a1

Edited by Prairiehammer
corrected my grammar

Mike,

If your talking about the pegs on the rear of the 1st gen, they are a LOT more secure having a heavier mounting base and 3 contact points. I have seen those boards a few times and they are VERY stable, and VERY rare....:2cents:

No, the Crash bar in front of the Saddle bags, behind the Passengers floor boards

No, the Crash bar in front of the Saddle bags, behind the Passengers floor boards

This is what I was talking about. Second Gen.

Yeah, the 2nd gens are quite flimsy, the 1st gens are a lot more robust and actually hold the 2nd set quite nice on the mounts

:thumbsup2: