IGNORED

? about UIA if anyone knows.

star4772

In a delima and was wondering if anyone has an answer to this for sure.

If I go out state to look for work or just go there till my unemployment runs out can I still collect if I maintain a Michigan address. Now a days everything is done on line for UIA so it would make me believe this would be possible. If I needed to come back for work sign up and renew I could. My company has screwed me up so much I have been thinking hard about this. They are a little upset that I am drawing unemployment but they did not fight it. Weather or not they can down the road I don't know. It was kind of a communication gap between the U.S. terminal and the Canadian terminal that I had quit. to make a long storry short they didn't turn down my unemployment.

Any comment's?

Joe

Years ago I had the great experience of drawing unempoyment and can still remember the lady at the counters infamous words "have you been able and available for work, have you turned down any work?" - answered correctly got me my check..

I cant imagine that rule has changed much but I bet Michigans way of monitoring what, when and where you are has become pretty easy for em.. My oh my how our world has changed.. :backinmyday:

Maybe calling and asking them wouldnt be a bad idea,, or have a friend do it so you can stay covert..

Yes you can do both Joe, you call marvin from your cell, have check direct deposited to a Mich. bank. You may be able to get some compensation for your job search out of state too.

The company didn't contest your claim so you are in the clear with them. The only way they can screw you now is if they claim they offered you new employment and you turned it down.

Since you are looking for a job, How are ya with a snow shovel? my drive will be buried soon enough . :snow2:

Yes you can do both Joe, you call marvin from your cell, have check direct deposited to a Mich. bank. You may be able to get some compensation for your job search out of state too.

The company didn't contest your claim so you are in the clear with them. The only way they can screw you now is if they claim they offered you new employment and you turned it down.

Since you are looking for a job, How are ya with a snow shovel? my drive will be buried soon enough . :snow2:

Just like Jay said. I did this while I was in Arizona.

LOL my back can't handle a shovel I use snow blower. :rotf:Thanks about the unemployment kind of takes a load off my shoulder. :whistling: