IGNORED

Second Bike

scooter45

I few years ago I wanted something lighter to ride and found the there was a group called "adventure bikes" BMW started then a while ago but KAW. and Honda have both made modles. I got a Kaw. Versys. 650 cc about 550 lbs. The bike has sold great everywhere but the U.S.

Take some time and check out the bike on YOUTUBE. It's NOT an off road bike but works for street and logging/dirt roads.

Guest tx2sturgis
I got a Kaw. Versys. 650 cc about 550 lbs. The bike has sold great everywhere but the U.S..

I haver never ridden the Versys but in Sept of 2009 I was at the Fayetteville rally in Northwest Arkansas. Lots of curvy, challenging roads in the area, and a buddy and myself were toddling along at a pretty good clip...you know, 900 pound bikes, a handful, but making a decent dent in the wind. Lean left, lean right, lean left.

I saw something in my tilting mirrors behind my buddy, who was trailing me by 200 feet or so.

By the light pattern and the aggressive, fast approach, as he rounded the other bike, I could only assume it was a sportbike of some kind. Until he blew by me like we were in 'stasis'.

He was knee dragging at least twice our speed, and I thought we were doing well!

That Versys went by me on a curve with what looked like a 30-40 degree lean angle...Impressive!

Of course I assist other riders who want to pass me, but this guy needed NO help. He just proceeded to 'git er dun'.....and moved out with rapid acceleration.

It was all over in about 10 seconds...

Yeah...the Versys looks like a fun bike to me!

this year i've been in-the-right-place-at-the-right-time it seems.

Been fortunate to get seat time on various STAR products.

After 3 years on the '04 V* 1100, wife decided it was time for a new 07 RSV. now with 100,000+ on each of those, we stumbled across an insurance totaled 2006 Roadliner - all cosmetic damage. been riding that for a while now, LOVE the extra power but....

understand the rear tire life is short due to the increased torque. And there seem to be some neck-pain issues due to the riding position (hear it's common amongst Liner riders).

Son-in-law up in WA stores his 06 Roadstar in our garage here in AZ. So i take that out every couple weeks. plenty of power, handles better than the Liner (maybe due to the Liners skinnier front tire).

My daily commute preference is the V*1100. size, power, handling and it just seems more fun to ride.

I have had a second bike for a few years. I love my Venture, I have thought about a second generation Venture and almost bought one or two but that is not really practical for me to have two Ventures.

I had a nice Suzuki gs 500 and my kids used it a lot as well but we all out grew it and so I went looking for something.

As a friend owns the local Suzuki - Triumph - Ducati dealer I spent a lot of time there looking at what was coming and going. I test rode anything that the dealers had to test ride on their annual test ride days.... and yes that 2012 Gold Wing is a VERY sweet ride, my brothers BMW gs1200, he has had two did nothing for me. I was looking for a daily,easy ride that was good for me or my sons to use.

One day I rode a V-Strom .... it had bags that come off in a few seconds if I did not need them. Or when I go touring they are suit cases at the hotels I check into. It is light, nimble easy to ride and not too bad on the insurance rates as I bought the 650 cc model. I have spent a lot of time riding my V-Strom and would recommend it to anyone for a second everyday ride.

On the weekends, I polish the Venture up and love to twist that throttle every chance I get.