IGNORED

Gas Petcock brass tube seperation

TDunc

OK, how screwed am I? (hold that thought)

I was taking the tank off to run wire for the HID headlight last night. I did the normal thing of attempting to break the seal from the brass tube and the carburetor hose like I've done so many times before. As I was putting things back together (in the daylight) today, I realized the brass tube is sticking in the end of the hose.

SOOOO.

1) Is the brass tube just pressed into the petcock or brazed somehow?

2) anyone know of a fix to keep this from happening again in the future?

3) Any Ideas?

:feedback:

Signed

Two steps forward and one step back!:confused24:

Oh don't worry about it. Just shove it back in there wrap a bit of duct tape around it and flush it with Seafoam and you'll be good to go. What's the worse that can happen?

Ok you could be driving down the road and it COULD come flying out spewing fuel all over your engine and legs just as someone in front of you tosses a lit cigarette out the window causing your bike to light off in a huge fireball distracting the driver of the fuel truck next to you causing them to slam on the brakes, jackknife the rig causing the tanker to rupture and send gasoline over 8 freeway lanes and closing a major thru fare for several weeks because that also lite off and destroyed the bridge you were on.

But I really don't think you have ANYTHING to worry about. ;-)

Ride Happy, Ride Safe

Oh don't worry about it. Just shove it back in there wrap a bit of duct tape around it and flush it with Seafoam and you'll be good to go. What's the worse that can happen?

Ok you could be driving down the road and it COULD come flying out spewing fuel all over your engine and legs just as someone in front of you tosses a lit cigarette out the window causing your bike to light off in a huge fireball distracting the driver of the fuel truck next to you causing them to slam on the brakes, jackknife the rig causing the tanker to rupture and send gasoline over 8 freeway lanes and closing a major thru fare for several weeks because that also lite off and destroyed the bridge you were on.

But I really don't think you have ANYTHING to worry about. ;-)

Ride Happy, Ride Safe

sounds like a new movie coming out [final destination # 6] :Venture: