While getting ready to go for a ride today I noticed that one of the braces that support the trunk bracket was broken at the weld. Has anyone had this happen to them? I have pulled everything and have the trunk bracket pulled and ready to go to the Yamaha shop tomorrow as they are closed today. I have attached a picture. This is a 2007 RSV

Wow are you suppose to stand on your head before going for a ride :stirthepot:

You said you pulled everything sounds like you need a hitch.:stickpoke: but seriously how did you find it. must have been rattling. Any chance you have some warranty left.

Naw..I bent down to polish the rear fender and my hand hit the brace and it moved. Thought a bolt was loose but not to be. Never heard it rattle as I was riding yesterday. Sure ruined my day. No warranty. Hope Yamaha doesn't hit me hard!

shouldn't that be a warranted item

5 years from original date of purchase and transfers with ownership of the bike. Your dealer might push it thru as warranty even if you are just past the 5 years. Try talking nicely to the dealer and ask them to try warranty thru Yamaha.

When was the original date of purchase on your bike? Did you have the dealer check?

5 years from original date of purchase and transfers with ownership of the bike. Your dealer might push it thru as warranty even if you are just past the 5 years. Try talking nicely to the dealer and ask them to try warranty thru Yamaha.

When was the original date of purchase on your bike? Did you have the dealer check?

Warranty ran out last July. Not on good terms with dealer as they gave me the run around on a slipping clutch and the cassette door that would not latch shut. Rebuilt the clutch myself. All that was really wrong was the clutch spring. Living with the cassette door till I have to replace the headlight bulb again.

As mentioned you will probably be a lot cheaper and better to just take it to a welding shop.

I have gone to a weld shop with a small job like that and kind of just stood inside the back door till someone wandered over. Showed him what I had, and it was 10 minutes and 10 bucks that went right into his pocket and my part was good as new.

Just be sure to put some hind of paint over the weld to prevent rust. I have used the spray can chrome for touch up and it not real noticeable. You might have to bring the bike so that the brace can be held in the correct alignment to get it tacked, then take it off to have it welded.

I'll bet there are a bunch of members here that have a welder and you could get it done for an ice cream cone.:essen_018:

If you were willing to ride up to WI I would be happy to weld it for you.:essen_018::essen_018:

• 1 year later...

Thanks man. I am going to take it to a welding shop next to where i work and let him see what he can do. I'd love to ride to your neck of the woods and have you fix it for a DOUBLE ice cream cone but you know how it is. To many roads and not enough time...