IGNORED

CD vs radio vs Aux output

djh3

I was messing around the other day and using my cell phone for Pandora. After awhile I switched to regular FM radio. I had to really turn down the volume as it about blew my ears out. I flipped on the CD to listen to something after that and had to turn down a little more, not as much as before. Of all the music I would have to say the CD player has the clearest and loudest out put. The Aux the least. Why? Maybe because you have to run it thru so many cables etc to get anything? Just wondering, and has anyone else experienced the same?

Yea I noticed I had to turn the phone way up. 2 things happen when I do that. A warning about possible hearing damage (I supose thats true if you had ear buds in). Also it sounds as though it distorts. So I cant really turn it up to say 10 I can only run around 7 say. I dont know what the exact setting is, but you get my drift. I also tried running my boosteroo on the phone but the battery croaked about 10-15 min in so not much comparison time. Also it will run the battery in the phone down quicker, but I have a charger hooked up if playing music from phone. I learned the hard way it dont last very long.

JFI: When you record your own MP3's you may find that there is a wide range of "volume" between some of the songs (taken from different CD's/sources). I use a freebie software called "MP3Gain" to equalize the volume and set an output level across the entire MP3 section on my SD card (GPS use) or my MP3 player.