IGNORED

Lost control again - Bought another bike,,,,,

StarFan

Well, it happened again.

I lost control and bought another bike - my fourth one,,,,pheeeeeewwwww,,,,,,,,,

The summer of 2011 I bought a 2000 MM Venture here in Reykjavik, Iceland for a friend of mine who lives up North. Was surprised how easy the bike was to handle and discovered it had levelling links and lowered forks. Was as easy as my 1998 Tour Classic. Rode the bike halfway through Iceland to meet up with my friend and deliver the bike and took his old Kawasaki Vulcan back and sold it for him. He took really good care of the Venture and pampered the bike apart from always scraping the drivers seat with his boots but he is kind of short legged.

Late this summer he was riding with his friends up North and they stopped at the shoulder of the road. When he stepped of the bike he lost balance and dropped the bike on the right side. Unfortunately there was quite a steep slope on the side and the bike went down the slope about 20 feets. Did only get cosmetic damages but it took six guys about two hours to get the bike back up on the road. They bike was driveable in all sense - just not looking as pretty as before.

The insurance company opted for paying him the bike for 12.500 US$ (note that bike prices are averagely double here in Iceland compared to the USA), and last week I bought for him a Yamaha Wildstar 2000 model with every possible accessory available as well as some custom made. A really beautiful bike and he is as happy as ever.

The insurance company put the bike up for auction last Friday and it ended today.

The highest bidder had only one bid (there are three bids allowed):

6.250 US$

The second (me) had all three bids:

1st.bid 6.248 US$

2nd. bid: 5.882 US$

3rd. bid: 5.710 US$

So I had no hope that I would get the bike. But I lucked out. The highest bidder backed out and I was offered the bike for my first bid of 6.248 US$. I decided to take the chance and drop my highest bid and stick to my second bid for 5.882 US$ with the hope that there would not be somebody with a bid amount between my first and second bid. And,,,,,,,,THE BIKE IS MINE :cool10:

The damages are as follows:

1. Tank has two dents in the white area. Only needs the white colour painted.

2. Front upper fairing scraped and chipped. Needs full paint.

3. Windshield broken. Needs to be replaced.

4. Lower front right fairing scraped and chipped. Full paint.

5. Would want to replace the front fender to get rid of that terrible Seagull previous owner bolted on. Ugliest thing I ever seen on a Venture (I do know it is a matter of taste :stirthepot: )

5. Saddlebag lid right side scraped. Full paint.

6. Trunk lid scraped. Full paint.

7. Saddlebag guard badly scraped. Needs to be replaced.

8. Right side driving light dented. Needs to be replaced.

9. Driver seat needs to be patched/repaired or a replacement bought. (Where in the world would I get an identical colour vinyl/leather for this? )

And thats about it. Have already gotten a price for the paint job - 1.300 US$ and estimated cost for the parts is somewhere between 800 to 1.200 US$ depending on how lucky I get, Total cost without calculating my work: 8.382 US$ - Sale price: 12.000 US$ Profit around: 3.500 US$ (if everything works out that is).

And believe it or not - the BOSS gave me permit to buy the bike when I told her I could make some money on it. Bad thing is that both my sons said to her: MOM,,,Has Dad ever sold any of his bikes ? MOM,,,WAKE U-UP !

I am determined to sell it when it is done and,,,,,,well it is actually a very nice color and there were only 1.500 samples made,,,,:whistling:

When I get home from Norway middle of December I will remove the parts that need to be repainted and get them to the painter. No rush though - selling the bike when it gets close to spring.

If any of you know of any of the parts available then please send me a line.

The pictures on the insurance companys website are protected from copying but I am trying to find a way to attach the pictures and will post an update.

Update: Pictures will be added tomorrow Wednesday - the insurance company are going to mail them to me.

Thanks for looking and if any of you know of any of the parts I need then please be so kind to contact me.

Friendly regards from Iceland / Norway.

Edited by StarFan
Links did not work !

Congrats on this Bargain, Jonas

Sellin' it or not, doesn matter much, as long as you and the Boss are happy.

Nice to hear you'll be back home for Christmas. Enjoy the Holidays.

Thanks Lutz !

Not going to keep it I think. Would take a lot of convincing to get the BOSS to understand that every man needs at least four bikes. Not gonna happen. Rather have her happy with having three bikes. Can´t ask for more. She is actually pushing me downgrading to two bikes in the future.

SOOOOO,,,,,,Any chance of you coming to USA next summer ?

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend Freebirds Maintenance day next June like I planned to. The Boss has ordered me to go with her to Mallorca the 11th. of June and already bought the tickets. Managed to get permission to go to USA in middle of August for Big Toms Rally in Chaffee, NY.

What about it - Why not live a little and take a plane from Germany and do some riding ?

Ride safely on that monster V-Max of yours. What a bike !!!!

All the best from Iceland (Norway at work),

Jonas

Jonas, me thinks you're just set right with 4 Bikes in total. I have four also, and it makes perfect Sense ! :D :D :D

I don't know if i can manage a Visit to US next Year. Depends if i can find the right Employees beginning next Year. It's not easy and there are not much of the right Guys available, but i'm working on it. I really hope to make it happen. Already started working on getting my fat a$$ into a Plane Seat also.

You're absolutely right about the VMax, with upgraded Electronics, it got almost scary fast. I finally got my fat a$$ personal Best just under 11@200kph in October.

Look at the Vid from Mid June here (Metzeler Touring rear Tire) ...

http://www.gkvgmbh.de/imgsq/DragRacing/Vids/Landshut2012/20120617_2_Sq_hebt_ab.avi

four Weeks later with a fresh Shinko 011, but slightly damaged right Hand ...

http://www.gkvgmbh.de/imgsq/DragRacing/Vids/Mengen2012/20120715_7_SQ_Run5

finally in October a 10.958@200kph with a Shinko003 here ...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_byKoB4xpGY]Flugplatzblasen Viertel-Meile Bikes Drag Race 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK4Ib5Z9m-A]Flugplatzblasen 2012 HD: Yamaha VMAX vs. VMAX - YouTube[/ame]

You're absolutely right about the VMax, with upgraded Electronics, it got almost scary fast. I finally got my fat a$$ personal Best just under 11@200kph in October.

Look at the Vid from Mid June here (Metzeler Touring rear Tire) ...

http://www.gkvgmbh.de/imgsq/DragRacing/Vids/Landshut2012/20120617_2_Sq_hebt_ab.avi

four Weeks later with a fresh Shinko 011, but slightly damaged right Hand ...

http://www.gkvgmbh.de/imgsq/DragRacing/Vids/Mengen2012/20120715_7_SQ_Run5

finally in October a 10.958@200kph with a Shinko003 here ...

Lutz !

You are one crazy German :) What a bike !

Why not come to Iceland for a weekend or so and do some riding ? I´ll supply the bikes ! No V-Max though - need to slow you down a little :whistling: