IGNORED

really screwed up

Snarley Bill

i put the bikes away too early this year. got the strat in my shop for the winter, needing new tires. the v-star is in the trailer for the winter on the charger, that leaves me with the majesty scooter, and cushman to ride this winter. ugh. the weather here has been awesome. whats a guy to do? i did ride the cushman about a 1/4 mile last weekend to test out the new mikuni i put on it. guess i will just sit here and suffer. :sign brain fart: :sign29: :depressed:

i put the bikes away too early this year. got the strat in my shop for the winter, needing new tires. the v-star is in the trailer for the winter on the charger, that leaves me with the majesty scooter, and cushman to ride this winter. ugh. the weather here has been awesome. whats a guy to do? i did ride the cushman about a 1/4 mile last weekend to test out the new mikuni i put on it. guess i will just sit here and suffer. :sign brain fart: :sign29: :depressed:

How fast did the Cushman turn the 1/4? I'd guess if it was in the 12's you'd be satisfied.:bikersmilie:

Guest tx2sturgis

I've heard that some people have to winterize their bikes. :puzzled:

I've never done it...in fact I ride pretty much all year..although for about 2 months we get some snow and ice around here...but normally after a few days its gone and back in the 40-60f range for several days.

I rode up to Amarillo for the Turkey-Day gatherings, and rode around with a friend all day Thursday. Temps in the high 60's. She loved it!

I rode home Saturday...just beginning to be jacket weather. Loving the new Tourmaster Rincon jacket...wow that thing is warm!

Anyway, covered about 200 miles over three days...just piddling around.

So you ask 'Whats a guy to do'?

Move south!

:happy34:

I've heard that some people have to winterize their bikes. :puzzled:

I've never done it...in fact I ride pretty much all year..although for about 2 months we get some snow and ice around here...but normally after a few days its gone and back in the 40-60f range for several days.

I rode up to Amarillo for the Turkey-Day gatherings, and rode around with a friend all day Thursday. Temps in the high 60's. She loved it!

I rode home Saturday...just beginning to be jacket weather. Loving the new Tourmaster Rincon jacket...wow that thing is warm!

Anyway, covered about 200 miles over three days...just piddling around.

So you ask 'Whats a guy to do'?

Move south!

You may get more winter ride time than us northerners but how many days during the summer does your bike stay home because of the oppressive heat ? We can dress for the cold, you get arrested if you undress for the heat! :rotfl:

My husband rides everyday unless we are both going somewhere and I or we need the car. I think Mike would ride in snow if I let him...not that it snows often down here. Some of you know that I just had a baby in Oct. Doc told me I was good to ride til the big day, and I did. As time went on (and I got bigger) I didn't ride as often. At my 2 week postop appt I was cleared to get back on the bike lol.

Guest tx2sturgis
You may get more winter ride time than us northerners but how many days during the summer does your bike stay home because of the oppressive heat ? We can dress for the cold, you get arrested if you undress for the heat!

Where I live, in the Panhandle, the elevation is about 3500 feet, so it cools down at night somewhat, even in the summer. Its also not particularly humid here most of the time.

My bike doesnt 'stay home' when I need to go somewhere, its my primary personal transportation.

Daytime highs in the summer hover around 95-105...but evenings will normally be in the 90f range, and mornings around 80 or so...

I really dont consider this 'oppressive heat'...and its not THAT much warmer than Michigan in the summers.

Now, If youre thinking that I'm getting the same weather here as SOUTH Texas, that area is more than 700 miles from me, and they DO get some record setting heat down there.

Like the difference between Northern and Southern Arizona, or Northern and Southern California....hey might as well be different countries as far as the weather goes.

Not trying to imply you need a geography-topography lesson, but so many Northerners hear the word 'Texas' and they think its 125 degrees all year long in the shade of the cows and oil wells.

Edited by tx2sturgis