IGNORED

Monogo single wheel trailer - $1,000 CDN

XV1100SE

Any one ever hear of Monogo? At $1,000 and only 54lbs empty weight... seems pretty good. Only 7 cubic foot capacity but for light travelling....

http://monogo.com/Anglais/laRemorque/description.php

A friend has had one for about 4/5 years now and he just loves it.No problems

at all,pulls so easy.he says you tend to forget you have it back there .

Guest tx2sturgis

I pull a small one-wheel trailer of my own construction, and I now prefer a small trailer that leans with the bike, over a larger carry-it-all car-trunk-sized two wheel trailer back there.

It does tend to increase the center of gravity at low speeds, but once the rig is rolling about 20 mph or so it begins to handle well, and above 40 mph or so, the trailer begins to add stability to the bike as the trailer's wheel centrifugal forces stablize the trailer.

Obviously a smaller trailer means you wont be carrying as much gear, but for solo touring/camping, its a fine addition. And even if riding two-up, if you pack efficiently, it can support a week or two of motel-style touring.

Another advntage to the one wheel trailers is that they will fit wherever the bike will go. They dont drop a wheel in a pothole that you steer around, and they wont ride over a curb on a tight parking lot entrance or hit a bollard near a gas pump.

Of course the hitch design is different, but not a problem on the Royal Stars. :happy34:

I built one similar to this (scubadave designed), it's way handier than a Unigo. I carry golf clubs and folding lawn chairs you'd never get in a Uni-go. I believe the weight is kept down lower as well. I towed mine to the Black Hills and back to B.C. this summer, speeds in excess of 90 MPH crossing Wyoming and Montana, never a waggle. I had to keep checking my mirrors to see if it was attached. I'd highly recommend them. Ron:banana:

Edited by Jactana

I built one similar to this (scubadave designed), it's way handier than a Unigo. I carry golf clubs and folding lawn chairs you'd never get in a Uni-go. I believe the weight is kept down lower as well. I towed mine to the Black Hills and back to B.C. this summer, speeds in excess of 90 MPH crossing Wyoming and Montana, never a waggle. I had to keep checking my mirrors to see if it was attached. I'd highly recommend them. Ron:banana:

Are the lights LEDs?